McCain Spicy Wedges Reviews

The next time the guys come over to watch the game, make sure you have spicy wedges on hand. They are coated in a seasoned batter for extra crunch and flavour. It's the perfect snack when half time hunger strikes. ​​​

Recipe Suggestions: 7 Layer Dip & McCain Spicy Wedges or Pimento and Jalapeño Pepper Cheddar Cheese Ball with McCain Spicy Wedges

July 13, 2017

Good side dish.

I love wedge fries/potatoes and spicy food is something I also really enjoy, so the two of them put together seemed like the perfect combination to me. These McCain wedges were tasty and substantial as a side dish. They really fill you up after you've had a few but still very addictive. I am a little disappointed though. The spiciness level was extremely mild. When I tasted the first one, I could hardly tell it was spicy. I had to eat a few to get a very mild hint of spiciness. I also suggest you spray your pan with some cooking oil before baking them. They seemed to want to stick to the pan while cooking - not so much as to ruin the meal, but some did break apart. In terms of crispiness, it all depends on how high of a temperature you cook these. The first time around, I put them at high heat as directed and they were crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. The second time around I cooked them at a lower temperature and they didn't crisp up much, although they were still tender. Therefore, they certainly are tasty, but not the flavour I expected. If you want them to be spicy, you'll definitely need some sriracha with these!

May 19, 2017

These wedges really pack a bunch. They do have a spicy flavour so if you can't tolerate spice they might not be your first choice. The exterior is crispy, but the inside is soft and has that fresh potato flavour. I love these right out of the oven. These is so much flavour in these wedges that you don't necessarily need ketchup. The wedges are thick and you get a fair amount in each bag.

September 27, 2016

Loving this unusual wedges. I love the crispyness of it and of course the spicy kick to it. Its perfect for a side dish and breakfast.and price is great.

April 27, 2016

Every once in a while for a treat with the( grandkids) I use them as my excuse ;-) it has to be McCain Spicy Wedges. Lots of Ketchup on a warm sunny day on the patio. Only McCain has the best fries. Baked in the oven till crispy.

April 03, 2016

Bought these yesterday and gave them a try today. We deep fried them !! yes i know not the healthiest . But they tasted so good. Nice and crisp just the way we like them . Nice for a treat but we don't do this very often

March 18, 2016

We love having McCain Spicy Wedges on hand for those times when you just do not want to have regular fries or potatoes for a side dish. They go well with Chicken, Steak, Pork Chop, well just about anything. The bag says Spicy and they do have a great mixture and blend of spices but they are not Spicy as in Hot. Which is great in our book. We all love them, kids included.

March 09, 2016

Mmmmm, the bag may say spicy but they actually only have a little spice to it! Absolutely LOVE these wedges, one of my favorites. Perfect side dish to any meal.

March 09, 2016

my daughter loves McCain Spicy Wedges..
    she is very picky eater she do love these she can eat them 3 to 4 times a week ..
    my store do not have them all the time i guess everyone loves them..

March 03, 2016

These wedges are really go to have in the freezer for some thing different. my common law really enjoys the spice on the fries, not yo much spice for anyone to enjoy.

February 24, 2016

Great potato wedges, actually taste like real potatoes, not flaky powder stuff. It had the right amount of spice and wasn't too overpowering. Definitely will be repurchasing.