Meet Matt(e) Hughes Liquid Lipstick by theBalm

4.1/5
Ranked #409 out of 1317 in Lipstick

July 18, 2017

TheBalm is the Bomb!

I ordered the Meet Matte Hughes lip stick from TheBalm.com and love it! The shade was SO true to all the pictures on their IG. Which is always great! The only thing I didn't care for was the fact I had a hard time getting the lip brush to collect the lipstick evenly, therefore I had to go over it a few extra times in a few spots. Then again I'm a newb SO that could have been it too lol. Sign up for their emails and you'll get good coupons ;)

October 22, 2016

This is a long lasting matte liquid lipstick. It applies smoothly without streaks, smells wonderful (like chocolate mint), tingles just slightly, stays on really well, does not transfer and wears away beautifully (no weird inner lip ring).

This has become my new number 1 favorite matte liquid lipstick. I will be buying more (probably all of them...lol)!

They cost a very reasonable price of $17. I would recommend to all matte liquid lipstick lovers!

2.8/5

February 22, 2016

I bought this in the shade "Committed" and while it looks a lot more pink in the bottle, it goes on very nude when applied to the lips. I found the formula to be extremely drying and the product sank into the dry cracks of my lips so if you have very very dry lips (winter woes!), then I would highly recommend prepping your lips first before using this very matte liquid lipstick. I will still purchase this liquid lipstick but am going to try another colour. I would recommend swatching these if the store has samples for you to try as the colours that you see on the tube and what you see on your lips could be very different!

February 12, 2016

Well I recieved this liquid lipstick in one of my Ipsy Glam Bags and i fell in love with it! Its my most favorite lipstick yet for a few reasons. It applys really smoothy on your lips, it lasts a long time almost like a lip stain so no need to reapply often, has a pleasant smell to it, comes in some really flattering shades. I recieved it in the shade "commited" and I wear it all the time.
    I recommend this liquid lipstick forsure! :)

February 08, 2016

I am new to trying out lipsticks. I received a sample of the in a monthly beauty bag. I love the product, it's long lasting and smells amazing!

January 28, 2016

This was the first liquid lipstick I have ever tried and I have to say I was very impressed. It is a nice matte lipstick and it last for a long time. I have the colour in committed.

November 02, 2015

I had never heard of liquid lipstick before I received this in my ipsy bag. I love it! The colour goes on smooth and dries matte, and has great staying power. The applicator is a perfect tool. It's a little on the expensive side, but a great splurge item. And the chocolate minty scent was a very welcome surprise!

3.2/5

October 30, 2015

I like the color. But I don't like the strange sweet vanilla mint flavor. I also found it got kind of cakey looking quite soon after application, not what I expected and not an issue I've ever had with outer matte colors. It does however have great staying power. If they'd make it a bit less 'scented' and somehow make it not get cakey, I'd love it. But until then, I won't be repurchasing.

October 26, 2015

TheBalm’s Meet Matt(e) Hughes Liquid Lipstick is available in eight different gorgeous shades and can be perused or bought on TheBalm’s website.

Pros:

+ Goes on smooth and looks amazing.

+ Dries quickly and lasts all day.

+ Smells great, with a pleasant minty fragrance.

+ Paraben and Cruelty Free.

+ Easy to apply, even for makeup novices

Cons:

– Could be out of your price range if you’re a budget gal, or prefer frugal products.

Loricass added a new review for
    Abreva

Marilyn M has posted in the forum topic
    Your favorite cake

Marilyn M has started a new forum topic
    Jam

Sandra Ribeiro has posted in the forum topic
    Hairstylists