MISSHA TIME REVOLUTION THE FIRST TREATMENT ESSENCE Reviews
#210 in Serums

January 16, 2020

The Best For The Price

As a dedicated SK-II disciple I had been hard pressed to give any other essence/toner a try. But when this was recommended to me by a beauty influencer I gave it a shot and I was not disappointed.
    It contains fermented ingredients but I would not call this a dupe for SK-II. It stands apart, and on its own merit, it’s an incredibly elegant toner perfect for adding a good dose of hydration in the dry winter season.
    The price point is perfect for those who want to commit to fermented products but don’t want to break the bank. It comes in a mist form as well (I love it) that can be sprayed on throughout the day in order to add more hydration when needed.

January 11, 2020

Beats SKII out of the park

Bought this after my SKII ran out since this is a well known dupe. The Moist formula of the Missha has superior ingredients to the 7 ingredients in the SKII with proven additions such as niacinamide. A bottle lasts well over a year though it's more difficult to get your hands on in Canada. I've gone through two bottles before finishing up some SKII samples I had and definitely notices the difference with my skin feeling dryer and rougher. Will continue to repurchase!

1.0/5

September 11, 2019

made me breakout

I have sensitive skin and was very disappointed that this didn’t work for me because I heard such great reviews about it. However, after using I broke up like crazy and same thing happened to my mum.

September 01, 2019

Worth a try

This was one of the first essences I tried as I could not stomach spending a fortune for the SKII. I was able to get a week's worth sample of the SKII for comparison. Would I say that the Missha Time Revolution Essence is a dupe? Probably not but it is still a decent essence.

I originally did not like this product mainly because I was not using it properly. I had expected this to be my main source of moisture for my skin but I was highly disappointed when that did not occur. I quickly learned that this is not a stand-alone product but rather it serves to compliment other products in your skincare regimen. This alone will not adequately moisturize your skin but rather serves to hydrate it and prepares it to take in more occlusive and moisturizing products.

While I only noticed a minimal difference in my skin while using this, it was only after I stopped that I realized the effect on my skin. My skin was more supple, hydrated and smoother while using it.

This is a good essence to have but I don't necessarily think it's a must-have. There are other essences I have recently tried that also work similarly to this product.

March 21, 2019

Results in a breakout

I was really excited to try this product based on the reviews. I have acne prone and sensitive skin. The product itself is nice, only requires a few drops and feels light on skin. However, after using it for about a week, I started getting bumbs and acne on my face. They went away as I stopped using it. Not sure why this was the case perhaps because it has alcohol based ingredient in it. Would not recommend for acne prone skin, although you may have to try it for yourself.

September 27, 2018
    Saskatchewan, Canada

Worth it!

Might be on the pricier side than other dupes but this one is legit effective. When I added this essence to my current skincare routine, I felt my skin became more hydrated, brighter and more plump. It also helped diminished some red acne scars and reduces redness all over. Very mild scent, texture is watery but absorbs very quickly.

July 20, 2018

My favourite essence!

Probably best beauty bang for buck for me. After washing my face I apply not one but maybe 2-3 layers on my face. Then some serum and a light cream. This routine has allowed my face to feel moisturised and plump without overloading with heavy creams that clog up pores and cause acne! Requires a little time to your beauty routine but the results are worth it! I'm totally sold on Korean beauty products and feel it's here to stay and not just a trend. The price of Korean beauty products is so affordable for what you get!

March 13, 2018

Holy Grail

This is perfect to use daily after washing your face, as it helps your skin retain moisture throughout the night. Very lightweight, refreshing, and minimal smell.

January 29, 2018

Best essence ever!

There are not enough positive words to say about this product and you’re not going to see results overnight, this is a use it for the long run type of product. I’ve been using this essence for two years and have seen dramatic improvements in my skin tone and brightness. I used to have blotchy skin patches on my cheeks and this product has evened them out. I also break out easily with new products (acne and rashes) and did not get any type of reaction using this essence. I feel as though this product also helps the other serums and moisturizers that I use to work better and lock in that hydration, especially during the winter time.

It is pricy for this essence however you could be purchasing SKII for waaaayyyyyy more. Honestly you get the same results from the Missha essence. A little also goes a long way. My 130ml bottles normally last me 6 months.

March 30, 2017

Skin: Dry and Combination

I wanted to try this for a long time after reading reviews that this is a dupe of the holy grail SK-II first treatment essence. I bought a full bottle of it thinking my skin can take the fermented essence but I was wrong. This essence gave me cc and I regret not patch testing before committing to a full bottle. Skincare is such a personal process and I highly recommend patch testing before jumping on hyped products. This didn't work for me but it could work for you and other people.