Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel Sunscreen SPF 50 Reviews

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel Sunscreen SPF 50 is water-light feel and broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection, infused with hyaluronic acid, glycerin and Vitamin E  to instantly quench dry skin:

• Protects and moisturizes your skin. Locks in hydration.
  • Applies easily and leaves no white residue on skin.
  • Water gel formula layers invisibly under makeup for a clean and non-greasy finish.
  • Water-resistant (80 minutes)
  • Dermatologist tested, oil-free, non-comedogenic
  • Broad Spectrum UVA/UVB protection
    ChickAdvisor Reviewers' Choice Award™ 2018

April 28, 2018

One of the best sunscreens I've tried

I love this product because it feels more like a face cream than a sunscreen, while having strong SPF protection. Most face creams I have that include sunscreen are only SPF 10 or 15, this one is SPF 50. The facial sunscreens I've tried are usually thick and leave my face really white, but this one is easy to spread and doesn't leave me with a white glow. It's nice and moisturizing. I think this is one of the best sunscreens I've tried. I highly recommend giving this a try.

Chantel Ross

This stuff is great. Love the feel of it. Smells good. Works really well and didn’t leave my face feeling greasy or anything. I would definitely use this all the time! Good thing summers around the corner
    Free from chick advisor.

Absolutely worth it!

This is by far my favourite sunscreen ever! I live in a cold climate and suffer from very dry, dehydrated skin. The sunscreen sunk right into my skin and kept it well hydrated for hours. It left no oily/greasy residue which I loved and allowed me to get dressed right away. I did have to reapply every 2-3 hours and wish it'd last longer but this is the norm with sunscreens anyway. The scent was also light and pleasant. I love the fact it contains hyaluronic acid in it which has worked wonders for my face. The price is a fantastic value for what you're getting compared to other sunscreens on the market. I'll definitely be purchasing this again. #gotitfree

Great Product

I really liked this product. I'm very fair so I need a high SPF sunscreen and 50 is as low as I will go. The format is awesome. It's much less heavy than most sunscreens which I loved. It applies easily without white streaks. I wore it under makeup and it held up much better than typical high SPF facial sunscreens with respect to pilling. It does have a somewhat strong scent but I liked the scent so it didn't bother me. My biggest beef with sunscreen is it makes my face look like an oil slick. This product wasn't perfect but I found it much better than other products. Overall, I will definitely be purchasing this in the future because you get the sun protection you need without all the negatives of typical sunscreen.

Still unsure

Unfortunately, I haven't had much sun exposure since receiving this product as we have had very cloudy, rainy and cold weather. With that said, I enjoyed the scent and texture of this product, it was also very lightweight. I have a very oily T-zone and I was able to wear this product comfortably underneath my makeup. I look forward to using this product again in the summer. I received this product complimentary to try.

April 28, 2018

good

I was a bit worried when I saw how high the SPF was that it would leave me skin looking ashy but I am proud to report I did nothing of the sort. also it wasn't eccessively oily either

April 28, 2018

One of my fav sunscreens

I use Neutrogena sunscreen all the time but have never purchased this one before. I received it for free for my review.
    I really like it. I'm a red head with pale skin and found this sunscreen to work pretty well.

Hydro Boost water gel sunscreen

I received a full size product of the neutrogena hydro boost water gel sunscreen as part of the product review club. The product comes in a squeezable blue bottle. A little actually goes a long way i usually use a dime size amount and that's more than enough for my entire face. I ususally use ombrelle on my face and I found the neutrogena hydro boost gel less greasy/oily so it is perfect for every day use or for use under makeup. The product is SPF 50 and waterproof so it's also good for a day at the beach or summer weather. The product is around 15.99 which is how much most facial sunscreens go for.

2.8/5

April 28, 2018

Some nice features, but not worth the price

So I got this product free to try from Chick Advisor and honestly I was torn on how to rate this product. Here are the things I loved about this product: It does feel really good on. It's cool when you put it on, which would be nice in the hot weather. It soaks in quickly and feels really light once on. It isn't sticky or heavy like some higher SPF sunscreens - you almost forget that you are wearing it because you can't even feel it once it's on. I also love that it's an SPF 50 - often the higher the SPF, the less I like the feeling of wearing it, but this gives great protection and feels nice on.

When you squeeze it on to your hands it looks more like a light blue cream than a gel - but this is really a non-issue. It goes on nicely and you don't end up with white streaks.

Here is what I don't like about it: I found it to have a really strong smell - and it wasn't a smell that I liked. Since we have had a really cold April here, I really only used it on my face as I wasn't wearing t-shirts or capris outside yet, and honestly I found I had to wash it off because the smell of it on my face was driving me crazy. I'm also not sold on the value - at Walmart you pay $15.99/88mL. For my normal brand (which I love), I pay about $9.99/240mL. This makes the Neutrogena sunscreen almost 5X more expensive per mL than my normal brand, and honestly I don't think the positives are worth this cost.

So as I mentioned at the beginning of my review, I wasn't quite sure how to rate this product. It works well and has some great features, but is it worth the cost? Not to me. I will definitely use up the rest of what I have - although I will use my normal sunscreen on my face and this on the rest of my body where hopefully the smell won't be an issue.

I use it on my 5 yr old!

This last week was super sunny and this sunscreen stood up to the task! I put It on my 5 year old in the morning and by the end of three days of Sun she still remains burn free. It applies evenly and smells great!