3.9/5
nicole by OPI base topcoat and strengthener Reviews
#687 in Nail Polish

Amazing - 0

January 01, 2017

I've had the nicole by OPI combined base coat, top coat and strengthener for quite a while now, and it still works just as well as when I first bought it.

The brush is what I think is ideal, it's around medium in size and very smooth. I have noticed very, very rarely that there is some shedding of a bristle or two. This is after two years of usage though, so I cannot think of it as a real complaint. Most people who really will be using this won't have had it for as long as I had this bottle anyways!

It's very clear, very smooth and applies thinly. I use it with all my different colours of nail polish, and occasionally I use it just on its own to protect my nails. It dries fairly quickly to the point where I am able to do things with my hands, but it seems to take 12+ hours to get to be completely dry and hardened.

Once it has hardened, it lasts for a long time. Even with repeated and very hot handwashing, I find it will last 5+ days.

I do find it to be a bit pricey for the quality when I have had better multi-purpose polishes for around a similar price range.

June 18, 2015

the 3 in 1 base, topcoat and strengthener from Nicole by opi is fantastic particularly for travelling, it's great to have one bottle for base and top coat that work. I don't normally use a base coat but i found that some polishes were staining my nails and that I needed to use something to prevent staining and chipping. After shopping around I saw the new 3 in one from opi and decided to give it a try. my mani stayed on for 4+ days without chipping and as a top coat, it gave a nice shine to my nails. I'd buy this product again for sure.