2097 reviews
Prestige Item
Nude by Nature Perfecting Primer Reviews

A smoothing, silicone-free primer that creates an even base for make-up application, while helping to extend wear. The untinted formula blends seamlessly into the skin, restoring freshness and helping fight visible signs of ageing, while helping to extend make-up wear and disguising skin imperfections.  The primer is composed of active natural ingredients, including the native Australian Kakadu Plum, known for its abundant Vitamin C content, rich antioxidants, Vitamins A and E, and Green Tea.

Try this product with Nude by Nature's Radiant Loose Powder Foundation and you may also like the Mineral Brush.

For more information, please visit NudebyNature.com
    ChickAdvisor Reviewers' Choice Award™ 2018

Wow

Cela fais une semaine que je teste la base pour fond de teint.. jai vue une amilioration des la première journée une longue tenu. Une peau qui semblais lisse et parfaite
    Apres une journee de travail au resto ses la base idéale
    Elle sens bonne facile à appliquer

2.0/5

Not enough coverage

I received this product free from ChickAdvisor in exchange for my honest review.

Firstly, this product comes in a VERY small package (15 mL). I approximate that it will last me about two weeks of daily use. Unless this product is VERY inexpensive, I wouldn't be able to justify going through a bottle of primer every two weeks. The waste from the packaging alone would kill my conscience!

Secondly, I received a coupon for optimum points at Shoppers Drug Mart if I purchased $50 from this brand. My Shoppers Drug Mart does not carry this brand, nor does their online website (beautyboutiqu.ca). Seems strange that ChickAdvisor would send me a useless coupon and I am a bit disappointed. I'm also disappointed as I had wanted to price out the Perfecting Primer in order to include this detail in my review, but I have not yet been able to find this product for sale in stores.

**Update - the nudebynature Canadian website sells this product for $32. No way could I justify spending $64/month on primer! Good to know.

The product itself is silicone free and it smells like Froot Loops. I personally quite like the smell but don't like to put products that are overly fragranced on my face. The good news is this product doesn't irritate my skin. It spreads easily, almost too easily, the product is a bit on the thin side. I found that it moisturized well and left my skin soft but didn't really act like a primer for my maturing skin. My enlarged pores weren't smoothed at all and none of my shallow-newly-forming-wrinkles were disguised. This product is unfortunately way, way less effective than my current primer (which contains silicone).

I am not pleased to find that this company is Australian. This product is made in Australia and shipped to Canada. I feel like I can probably stick with my current primer (made in North America) and avoid a product that is shipped across the world. I'd rather support local.

Bottom line? I wouldn't purchase this product and I am glad that I got to try it out for free. It might be a good primer for a young woman with youthful skin (no enlarged pores, no wrinkles) but then...does she really need a primer at all? Hmm.

Great product

I love the way the product smells as well as how evenly it goes on and spreads; a little goes a long way. Got great results after applying my foundation. Loved the overall look of my finished makeup.

It's okay...

I was super excited to try a natural primer without the use of silicone... However this product is extremely fragrant. The fragrance definitely doesn't smell natural and therefore I was pretty disappointed.

I didn't notice a huge difference in the wear time of my makeup when using this. As happy as I am that natural makeup is becoming more well known, I think this particular product is not worth it.

Updated On: April 29, 2018

This product was sent to me from ChickAdvisor.

Smooth primer

I received a sample of this product to try as a ChickAdvisor.I've never heard of this brand before so was excited. I really enjoy the primer. It's a smooth applying formula, with great consistency. Another thing I noticed is that it doesn't make me feel greasy like a lot of primers do, which is important, especially headed into the warmer season. I will definitely keep this primer in my rotation.

Definite winner!

I am typically a primer snob - I have my regular favorite on hand and never bother to try others. However, I may be a convert now - I love this one by Nude by Nature. Very light and smooth going on. Doesn't clump up at all or seem thick. I've used it with just a light powder on top as well as a full liquid foundation and powder and it held up great in both! I will definitely purchase this in the future (I was sent a sample through the Product Review Club).

Amazing!

Updated On: April 28, 2018

I received a sample of this item for free to test out. I am absolutely in love with this product. It helped my makeup stay on all day. I am also obsessed with the fact that it's natural and chemical free. Would recommend!!

Did the work

Omgosh! You guys just when I was in the need of primer I got this nudebynature perfecting primer from chickadvisor and I tried this like at 3 pm and it's like 10 pm and my foundation hasn't moved or caked or anything ! This 7 hour test went hella amazing it's smell so citrusy a lilttle product goes a long way ! Loved it thankyou chick advisor !

Great primer

Got this primer for free in return for my personal review. The primer amount looks tiny but just a tiny dab is all you need. I like that its made from all natural ingredients and as I get older I'm more conscious of what products I consume and put on my face, so I appreciate that aspect of this line. I don't usually use primer, but with this sample I tried it out since I had it. I most likely will use it on long days only and when I have a busy hectic schedule. The price is a little on the higher side, so that's my only complaint but otherwise a good product

Worth it

I just tried the primer for a week. I applied it before my foundation and I got to say my makeup stayed on all day over 16 hours without reapplying. No scent no silicone just goes on smooth. I will continue to use it. #gotitfree