NYX Matte Finish Makeup Setting Spray Reviews

For that fresh make up look that lasts NYX Makeup Setting Sprays are lightweight and comfortable while working hard to make sure your makeup stays put.

Pour que votre maquillage tienne tout au long de la journée, utilisez les sprays de finition légers et confortables.
    ChickAdvisor Reviewers' Choice Award™ 2020 ChickAdvisor Reviewers' Choice Award™ 2017

May 29, 2018

Just can't cut it

I have been trying desperately to find a setting spray that would keep my makeup in place with my oily skin. I have tried so many and had high hopes for this, but it just couldn't do the job. The spray itself is better than many others and it looks great for a couple of hours but then it just quits.

October 02, 2017

Not very good

I expected this product to be fairly good cuz I had heard some good reviews of it but tbh it really didn't live up to my standards in a setting spray... I used it through a 3 week excessive heat wave & it failed. It did keep its promise in keeping my makeup matte, but I had to reapply my makeup & this spray several times throughout my 6 hour work shift, which is not a very long time.. the bottle is quite small so its not the best quantity for the price especially considering how poorly it worked. Its become quite obvious to me that the only setting sprays that actually work are the ones made by better brands, cuz none of the drugstore ones I've tried have actually been useful.

August 22, 2017

Doesn't work for me

I really don't get these setting sprays they just don't seem to work for my very oily skin. I've tried several but can't really see any difference when using them. I tried this one as it was well reviewed and a reasonable price, but it just didn't do anything for me.

2.3/5

July 27, 2017

Preservation don't

This product it like hosing down your face with water. The sprayer is ineffective and too much comes out. The actual product does nothing to preserve your makeup. Even for the price this product is a bust.

2.8/5

June 25, 2017

Not Really My Thing.

I got the matte spray for an event and even after spraying it a foot away from my face, it still caused some of my finished makeup to run down my face and I had to redo my eye makeup. I usually don't wear a lot of makeup so this doesn't seem to be a necessity for me.

2.8/5

September 27, 2016

I dislike this product very much. It seems to be quite a hit with most people but I personally find it very drying and has an awful alcohol like smell. I didn't even go through the whole bottle as there are many other setting sprays that I have tried and would rather use. I do love NYX as a brand but the packaging and product for this setting spray is below what I am used to getting quality wise from them.

July 02, 2016

I have only ever used this once and it works okay; but smells AWFUL. I had said to my friend that I found it smelled like alcohol, and she agreed. I then walked past another friend without telling her I had used this and she said "wow you smell like vodka!". So that might be an issue if you don't like strong/weird scented products. So anyway.. I have really oily skin, and I have a hard time staying matte all day and this did a pretty decent job. However, I was also wearing a matte primer, foundation, UD setting spray and a translucent powder.. so hard to say how well this would have worked just on its own. But just on its smell alone I will not be purchasing.

June 06, 2016

I had such a high hopes for this because everyone always raves about the quality of nyx, especially for the price. It made my make up feel so heavy and sticky. I enjoy wearing makeup and feeling like I'm barefaced. I could feel my makeup all day long and it just felt so stuck to my face. I hated it. I don't know if it made a difference in the wear time, or made me look anymore dewy, but it did make it look a little fresher. So that is a plus side.
    But I still wouldn't recommend it unless you don't mind the heavy feeling because the price isn't bad.

February 08, 2016

I've been using this product for about a month now. I loved the price but I don't find it works very well. It leaves your face very sticky, kinda feels like you have glue on your face to be honest. I wouldn't recommend this product, but it has a great price so if your short on money it will do the trick. I would just save up and get something else.

January 09, 2015

I have very oily skin so I very much need a matte setting spray to keep all my makeup from greasing off. I have been using the well known urban decay one and loved it. But using it daily was a little much on my on my wallet. So I thought I would check out the more affordable NYX version a try. So far it's done just as well as the UD version. But it is winter time so my skin isn't too oily these days. The only thing is I find I have to spray more product for it to work and the bottle is a smaller amount. So all in all I'm not sure I'm saving that much money in the scheme of things. But the test will definitely be in the warmer seasons. For now I'll stick to the NYX just to savensure a little cash..All in all its not too shabby compared to the more expensive brands.