I make my own oil cleansing method with 1 part castor oil, 2 parts olive oil, and a few drops of lavender oil and almond oil. I message it all over my face, then steam it with a hot washcloth. I wipe it all away and have the best skin ever. I'll never go back!
"The basic concept of this skin care and cleansing method is that the oil used to massage your skin will dissolve the oil that has hardened with impurities and found itself stuck in your pores. The steam will open your pores, allowing the oil to be easily removed. Should you need it, the smallest drop of the same oil formula patted over damp skin will provide the necessary lubrication to keep your skin from over-compensating in oil production."
How to Cleanse with Oil:
1. Liberally apply a layer of oil to the face. You may also apply to the neck and chest. Oil should be applied over any dirt, grime or makeup.
2. Run a face cloth under very hot water, wring it out and drape over skin. Relax for a few moments, until cloth is room temperature.
3. Massage oil into steamed pores for at least 60 seconds, and up to 5 minutes. Concentrate on trouble areas, such as chin, forehead and nose, where blackheads tend to form. Be very cautious and maintain a gentle touch, and do not scrub, or skin will be raw and tender.
4. Steam face again, using a hot face cloth to open pores and allow oil to loosen sebum trapped in skin. This step may be done a number of times, if skin is troubled or has tended toward breakouts.
5. Using a very soft face cloth (you may use the steam cloth, if it is very soft), gently wipe away all traces of oil. Again, be cautious and ensure that wiping is done very gently, or skin will become irritated. Flannel is an ideal fabric for this step, but any cloth may be used. Rinse cloth at intervals and continue to wipe away impurities and oil until face feels soft and there is no trace of oil left.
6. Splash face with cool water to close and seal cleaned pores.
7. Pat dry, and apply a very thin layer of moisturizer to face. One small drop should be plenty for moisturizing purposes. Rub between palms and massage into skin until no film is left. You may use the cleansing oil for this step. Many people find, especially during the warmer months, that the additional moisturizer is no longer necessary. The cleansing oil is enough moisture for many people's skin, in and of itself.
If you have had success with this method, and would like to simplify your routine, we recommend eliminating the first steaming session, massage face for approximately one minute, steam face through one cycle only, then wipe off oil and pat dry.
Been trying this for a month, and my face looks amazing. There are no blemishes, soft, feels really clean, and any pimples I had dried up. Almost perfect, hope it stays that way.
These reviews are the subjective opinions of ChickAdvisor members and not of ChickAdvisor Inc.