PowerBar Plant Protein Cashew, Salted Caramel and Dark Chocolate Reviews

Suggested retail price - $16.99 for 14-count Variety Pack (at Costco)

You might also like PowerBar Plant Protein Almond, Sea Salt and Dark Chocolate

April 03, 2018

Great option, but could do without the sugar

I love that this plant protein bar is easily available at most grocery/drug stores. It’s a great vegan option to tie you over,but I wouldn’t say it’s a meal replacement. The sugar content could also be lower, the caramel is a little too sweet for my liking. I would stick to buying the sea salt and dark chocolate one simply because of the sweetness.

3.2/5

Caramel Sweet

I received this bar free to try and review. I found the salted caramel to be a bit over the top when it came to the flavors melding together. I really like caramel but thought it overpowered the rest of the bar. I still enjoyed it and the texture was fantastic. I had never tried plant based protein in a bar before but was really surprised at how well it tasted

2.0/5

April 03, 2018

A change from the regular energy bar

I received two of these bars as a sampler pack from the XY Stuff home review team. I thought these would be different when I seen the word Chocolate in their item description, and I'kk be honest, it was not what I was expecting.

They taste the exact same as their other products, the only difference being that these contain cashews, and the others had almonds. I am not sure why but to me it tasted stale. Perhaps that is just the flavor of the cashews coming through. The bar did not have the taste profile I was expecting, and perhaps that set the tone that I did not enjoy the bar as much as I thought I would.

I'm not sure where the chocolate was supposed to be in the bar, but all I had was one small dribble on one end, and therefor most of my bar was just the granola part of it, not giving me much opportunity to rate the bar based on it's chocolate content.

Not all bars are for everyone's personal preference, this one missed the mark with mine. I did not know what to expect before eating this product, however, I finished feeling disappointed and expecting more taste and a better texture. This bar reminded me of the asian inspired Sesame Snaps I used to buy.

I honestly am not decided if I would buy this again.

April 03, 2018

There is just something about caramel...

This combination tasted like a yummy chocolate bar and not at all like the usual bland protein bars. Furthermore, I'm not a fan of cashew but I couldn't really identify the cashew taste because it was masked by the other great natural flavours. I definitely recommend this one and will be adding it to future grocery lists. This definitely makes a quick, filling snack for on-the-go.

Updated On: April 03, 2018

I received this product free from ChickAdvisor.

Awesome taste!

Love that these are non-GMO verified!! I appreciate that this isn't the typical mealy protein bar that you find in your health food store. Although these are high calorie, if you're active and need a snack in between work and the gym, these are great for that! This flavour is a bit on the sweet side, but it helps cut those sugar cravings that I then burn off. ;)

I received this product free from ChickAdvisor.

2.3/5

Higher Expectations

For a plant based product I found this bar more like a dessert as it was way too sweet. They could lessen the sugars as there is around 10 grams in each bar. It has a nice texture to it but not a great weight so I did not feel satisfied after eating.

Another great bar!

I received this product for free as a part of the ChickAdvisor product review program. I really enjoyed the taste of this bar! It was salty, sweet, and chocolatey. The chocolate really enhanced the taste of this bar. The cashews added a richness and an extra depth of flavour. I really liked how all the ingredients were plant-based because that makes it a snack you don't have to feel guilty about eating!

3.2/5

Delicious, but overly sweet

Overall, this was my favourite of the Powerbar Plant Protein line. It was a great balance between salty and sweet, and the texture was great. I love chewy granola bars, but the cashews and dark chocolate had an extra crunch in each bite. It's was a good snack to have midday when you want something to munch on between lunch and dinner.

The biggest drawback for me was how overly sweet these bars were. I'll be the first to admit that I have a sweet tooth, but I found this to be too sweet for my taste. It took me a couple of hours to finish one bar, whereas a traditional granola bar would take me less than five minutes. I don't recommend this to those who are sensitive to sweet things or uninterested to "healthier" granola bars.

**Note: As a ChickAdvisor employee, I had the opportunity to try this product for free.

💜❤💜PROTEIN CASHEW, SALTED CARAMEL AND DARK CHOCO

I have a protein imbalance and I have to take a lot of protein supplements. I generally do not like protein bars because they generally have a granular taste. I was pleasantly impressed with Powerbar Plant. This was my personal favourite actually, the cashew and caramel were a great combination and had to split each bar jn half as they were very filling.
    I definitely recommend and have intentions on purchasing for myself in future.

2.8/5

April 02, 2018

Good but high in calories

Overall this bar tastes good but personally, I think this is too high in calories/carbs/sugar for me. I like my protein bars to have 20g+ of protein and this only has 10g. It is tasty and is a good option for someone who is vegan or prefers plant-based bars. Overall, tasty bar but not for me.

Updated On: April 02, 2018

Thank you ChickAdvisor for giving me the opportunity to test this product for free.