PowerBar Plant Protein Cashew, Salted Caramel and Dark Chocolate Reviews

Suggested retail price - $16.99 for 14-count Variety Pack (at Costco)

You might also like PowerBar Plant Protein Almond, Sea Salt and Dark Chocolate

Great Tasting Protein Bar

I was thrilled to try these bars when I got them. While the flavor of this one was fantastic, I found it difficult to bite and chew. It seemed a bit on the hard side for my preference of bars. There was also a slightly unpleasant aftertaste with this one. All that being said, it truly was delicious and I will likely purchase them soon!

June 13, 2018

A flavour burst with salted caramel

I didn't enjoy the peanut butter and chocolate bar very much, but this one has a great taste! Very flavourful, which I think is due to the salted caramel. It has a nice chewy texture and really keeps you satisfied. A good source of protein and fiber as well. I wish it was lower in sugar, but it is still a healthier treat than many others.

The price is still high for the bars, but I would reach for these. I would recommend this one!

Updated On: June 13, 2018

#gotitfree

awesome

I got this free to try in the mail. This power bar is vegan which I love since it is cruelty free. I love the caramel taste and cashews mixed with dark chocolate. I taste a hint of sea salt which is very good. I like how it is not a lot of salt since I don't like a lot of salt. Makes a great snack too.

Great bars!

I would say this is my second favorite of the three new bars. I like these bars because they're not too sweet and don't have a crazy high amount of sugar in them (10g). They're more filling than other bars so they could be used as a snack at home or for on the go. I'll definitely be purchasing more of these!

Updated On: June 13, 2018

Edit: I received these for free to try.

June 12, 2018

I really loved this flavour!

I got these free thanks to Chickadvisor. I tried this flavour first and loved it! Great combination of crunchy, chewy, and sweet. I will definitely be buying this again

Yummy

I recieved these free from Chick Advisor. Very yummy, I love cashews, and the caramel and chocolate offset them nicely. I grab a protien bar for a quick pick me up and blood sugar boost at least once a week, so i will definitely look for this next time I need a snack.

Delicious and Nutritious

I received this product as part of the Chick Advisor Review Panel. I this tasty powerbar absolutely delicious. Normally, I find protein-infused foods to be grainy and have a strange taste, but this tasted like a trail mix bar, only better. I loved the flavour combinations and love cashews in EVERYTHING. I worry that I would not be able to take these to my workplace or school as they aren't nut-freeand these are likely less healthy than another nut (cashews are quite fatty), but they certainly taste great and give me a boost.

June 12, 2018

Best PowerBar I've tried yet!

I recieved my PowerBar samples yesterday and had 3 flavors to try! #gotitfree #XYSTUFF One of the flavors was this one-and it is my personal favorite! The bar itself is very portable and even a bit cute, but what MAKES it for me are the awesome healthy ingredients, geat taste-and that it still feels like a bit of a treat! Authentic, true, nutty and chocolatey flavors give this power-packed snack a great appeal! Bought more of this flavor already this morning! Thanks for the opportunity to try out these tasty energy delights!

2.7/5

Easy quick snack

I was stoked to be selected to try out all three of these flavors as a free sample. My favorite flavor would be the salted caramel as it paired nicely with the robust nutty flavor of the bar. The taste and texture of all these bars are similar to Kind bars. They contain varying textures between the smooth chocolate and the crunchy nuts which I overall enjoyed.

The nutritional value on these bars, however, are not ideal for a nutritious granola bar and are more closely related to that of a bar I would eat for a treat, not for a nutritious meal. Although the protein content is fairly high in these bars, especially for being a plant-based protein bar, the sugar content is way too high to be consuming these bars on a regular basis.
    As indicated by the ingredients on the back, sugar is one of the most common ingredients listed, making me wary of consuming these bars on a regular basis.

Overall, I would recommend these bars if the options for vegatarian plant based protein bars are limited. They taste identical to Kind bars and all of the flavors pair well with the nutty base, however, the sugar is too high for them to be deemed as 'healthy' as I have seen other protein bars with far less sugar in them.

May 28, 2018

yummy

recently tried this bar ...one of my new favorite bars..great mix of flavor..like that this bar can be a on the go meal or snack..my granddaughter always has one in her school backpack..for those need something on the go snack