Roku Streaming Player - Ultra Reviews

Good - 0

July 26, 2020

USE IT ALL THE TIME

we use this all the time and it has never dissapointed. I highly recommend this over any cable or company. there is a lot to explore on the roku. we love it

July 13, 2020

Roku

I have two of these and love them so much!! I have one in living room and one in my bedroom. There is so much to beat him in tv now using these and don’t have to use my dish satellite as much .
    The picture quality is perfect and it is so easy to install !!
    I wish I could get one for my parents now!!

March 13, 2020
    Tennessee, United States

Streaming

We love our roku. I love that it has the voice activated search. We are able to link all of our online streaming in one device We have had some Issues with static sound but if you unplug then replug it in it fixes it. We use it everyday

December 12, 2019
    New Mexico, United States

Super fast!!

This is by far the best roku i have ever owned!!! Its super fast... And I'm definitely loving the roku channel... I highly recommend this product for the price!!

October 04, 2019
    Virginia, United States

The best device to stream!

I have been using Roku for 8 or more years and find it is the best streaming device! I have used other brands and found they lagged and just didn't match up to Roku at all so now Roku is the only streaming device I use in my home.

September 06, 2019
    Indiana, United States

awesome

I got Roku when I purchased a projector. This is a really great streaming device. It has so many different shows and movies to choose from that I never get bored. definitely would recommend

August 27, 2019
    Georgia, United States

Love it

The Roku platform is so easy to use. I love the ability to see all my apps on one screen. The updates are automatic and the settings are easy to function. Will definitely upgrade all my tvs.

January 08, 2019
    Illinois, United States

So much cheaper than cable

I bought roku for my home about two years ago, and we have loved it so much that last year we bought a second one for our bedroom. We haven't been able to afford cable TV, but with the roku we are able to watch a lot of different TV shows with only an internet connection. My kids favorite roku channel is DisneyNow. They will happily sit and watch their favorite DisneyJr shows all day long if we let them.

Some roku channels ask for a cable/satellite log in, but luckily for us, my mom is a cable subscriber and gave us her log in to use to watch TV. Even without a cable log in, there are a lot of free channels available, as well as Hulu and Netflix.

November 21, 2018
    Oregon, United States

Roku tv

I love that I only have to push a button to change from Hulu to Netflix. And it hooks right up to my game consoles. The whole thing is easy and painless to set up.

November 19, 2018

Change the way you see your tv

This updated Roku Stick model is leaps and bounds better than the original Roku Stick I picked up last year! While the previous version generally struggled with typical use including starting and jumping between apps, the 2016 model shows absolutely no hints of slowdown. Even when I quickly jumped between apps using the remote's four app presets, the Stick was completely responsive.

I'm also happy to report that the Roku Stick can be powered by your TV's USB ports. And if your TV, like mine, shuts off USB power when the screen is turned off, you'll be happy to know that while you have to turn the TV on with its own remote, the Roku Stick boots up cold and is ready to go in less than 15 seconds. Sadly this is faster than my TV can start up its own Netflix app and it's only about a year old...

Some other things worth noting:
    - There's a good chance the Roku turn your TV on when you press the Home button. Go into Settings > Control Other Devices and activate 1-Touch Play. When my Sony Bravia is in standby (the screen is off but the TV is powered on) pressing the Home button on the Roku remote turns on the TV and switches to the Roku Stick's input. YMMV though but I think if your TV has CEC there's a good chance this'll work for you too.
    - If you have at least a 1080p screen you'll need to manually kick up the Roku's resolution. You can do so in Settings > Display Type
    - If you're not a fan of the Fandango Movie and TV channels you can disable them in Settings > Home Screen

Anyway even if you've been put off of the idea of a Roku Stick due to the previous model's performance issues, I'd highly suggest giving this one a try. You won't regret it!

I would recommend this to a friend

Helpful (51)Unhelpful (8)ReportPost comment
    Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
    Great device if this is what you need.
    Posted 1 year ago
    Hammer
    Verified PurchaserVerified Purchase
    My Best Buy® MemberMember
    Great device if this is what you need. I had to buy this because the app on my 2015, 70 inch Sharp TV for Youtube no longer work. This is due to Youtube changing their processes and has nothing to do nor is it the fault of sharp. I looked around for the best solution at the most reasonable cost and decide upon this model and brand. Of course as everyone else has found this is a very effective device and it works as indicated. There are a number of apps some of which are for free channels and some of which are for paid. As an HBO subscriber this is actually easier to use than the HBO menu especially when wanting to find old HBO series such as curb your enthusiasm, band of Brothers, Sopranos, etc. My only complaint is that I wish the remote had a few more ways to manipulate it's controls and also that it contained a few more identifying marks for those controls. Unfortunately, like most modern devices there is very little provided in the way of operational instructions and unless you want to go on online or read individual reviews from different websites. However, the bottom line is this device works and does everything it says it will. Also, they offer a small HDMI cable if the Roku is shaped where it will not fit into an HDMI port on your television. This may be a problem to many TV owners as the Roku Dongle is not tiny and some of the HDMI ports on TVs are located in tight quarters.