• Sleek MakeUp Solstice Highlighting Palette
Good

Sleek MakeUp Solstice Highlighting Palette Reviews

Ranked #56 out of 138 in Highlighter

April 22, 2017

Sleek is a european brand so I had to purchase this online to get my hands on it. I do not regret this purchase at all!!!! I got it on ebay for 15 bucks and that is a little pricey for me but you get 4 shades-- 1 cream and 3 powders and they are so beautiful and really HIGHLY pigmented. I once forgot to go in with a light hand to slowly build it up and goodness gracious-- someone from outerspace could probably see this glow!

The main reason that drove me to buy this was because I don't own foundation and I usually apply highlight directly onto my bare skin (after moisturiser and primer) and with my other highlights, they just don't stay on all day because it doesn't have much to stick to (this is because I am not using foundation) so I wanted a highly pigmented highlighter to increase the longevity of wear time and this highlighter solved my issue, I use the cream as my base and then set it with one of the powders in the highlight and it looks stunning--especially in the sun light.

The powders and cream are very easy to apply, it isn't chalky, it does have some shimmer but it isn't glitter. I recommend applying the cream with your finger. It is easy to blend out, both the cream and the powders. I really love the unique lilac shade, the lilac does not translate on the skin but rather a very intense white glow. This is my go-to highlighter and my favourite part of my makeup routine.

February 12, 2017

I am obsessed with this palette. I heard of it through a few YouTubers and couldn't believe something so cheap could work so much!

I use the yellow and orange shade on a daily for a great glow and then I add the purple for some extra pop! It lasts all day and you can make this look natural or also like an Instagram glow.

I don't use the cream shade at all however.

The price for this is phenomenal!

July 18, 2016

As promised ~ Finally had a chance to swatch the Sleek MakeUp Solstice Highlighting Palette. I've shown the shades top to bottom. I did use Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Light underneath but didn't bother with foundation as I wanted to see the product on natural skin for photo purposes. Here's a few thoughts:
    Ecliptic Cream Highlighter is heavily pigmented and goes on super smooth with an almost bronze tinted base. Wasn't sure if I'd like working with a cream highlight but it's superb!
    Hemisphere is a pinky / lilac coloured shimmer powder that's a little lighter pigmentation wise but totally buildable.
    Subsolar is a fabulous silky highlight powder with yellow tones and probably my least favourite of the palette but only because of my skin colouring ~ as on us olive toned girls it looks more silver.
    Equinox is a light iridescent but metallic, highly pigmented & swirled baked taupe ~ nude ~ beige powder (think #Colourpop #Churro!) which has so many uses and probably my fave if I had to pick one!

Amazing value and such a versatile, cruelty free palette that you can use for everything from face highlighting, to strobing, body shimmer and contour, brow bone highlights, eyes and more! About $28 Canadian ~ Love it