Smiths Rosebud Salve Reviews

Smiths Rosebud Salve is a cult-favourite, multi-purpose lip balm that has been popular for over 100 years. This world-famous salve has been re-discovered by Hollywood stars and makeup artists. Perfect for the relief of chapped and dry skin, blemishes, diaper rash and detergent burns. Visit smithsrosebudsalve.net for more information.

June 05, 2010

Fantastic lip balm to soothe chapped lips. Multi purpose as well..can also be used to relieve dryness on elbows & anywhere else on the body.

May 17, 2010

This is a multi-purpose moisturizer. I use it primarily for my lips.
    It is an amazing lip balm. My lips chap easily, and this is my solution.
    It does come off easily, if you are eating or drinking something with it on.
    So I tend to apply it about five times a day.

If you offer some to your girlfriends... they will get hooked. That's what happened to me!

May 05, 2010

This stuff smells good and I like the way it feels on my lips, very nourishing. This is a keeper. The only thing was maybe it was just mine but I have a hard time getting the lid off!

April 07, 2010

My absolute favorite product to combat the cold weather! My lips chap so easily that I'm always applying and reapplying chapstick. This product actually stays on for some time, which saves me a few applications during the day.
    I love the smell and taste of it and the fact that it looks like really pretty lip gloss when you apply a bit more than needed just for moisturizing.
    This is also great for repairing cuticles, soothing sunburns and cracked hands (feet too probably, haven't tried). I wash my hands a million times a day at work and my knuckles don't survive the day without an application of this.

I must say I bought it mostly because I loved the package - I was in need of a pick me up and the flowers on the tin really did it for me. I'm glad that the product inside is great too. Another great thing about the tin that I can just press it against my lips without putting my fingers in it every time, which is great because it saves time and keeps germs out of the product.

I've been warned that keeping this product in your purse during the summer might result in it melting everywhere but I've yet to experience this myself.

Lastly, even though it's $9 at Sephora which is probably 2-3 chapsticks anywhere else, there is actually a much larger amount of product in the tin than any other lip balm/chapstick product out there so it's absolutely worth it!

March 01, 2010

sure its 8 bucks and you could by 3 chapsticks. But this has way more product and you can use it all over your body. It is the best deal at sephora. every woman should have a tin of this.

February 25, 2010

My dad... nearly 70 years ago... sold Rosebud Salve. Our whole family uses it. Rosebud Perfume Company has increased their line to other salves and lip balms... all are excellent. I use the Rosebud Salve in a tube all the time.

Editor's Note: Some portions of this review have been removed per the ChickAdvisor review policy

December 31, 2009

I absolutely love this product. It's a salve that you can use for anything, but I mainly use it for my lips. I keep it in my purse and it can be used for dry skin, cuticles, lips, or pretty much anything else you can think of. This keeps your lips super soft and gives them a subtle gloss so that they don't look super plain, but it's not as shiny as an actual gloss. This is a miracle product.

November 10, 2009

After hearing so many good things about this, I bought a tin. While I admit, it is a good price, I just could not like this. I am not a fan of the smell, but it goes away after a few minutes. I liked the idea of using this as a multipurpose lipbalm/body cream, but I found it was an average moisturizer on my hands/elbows, and if I was going to just be using a lip balm, I wanted one that I didn't get all over my fingers. It works well as a lip balm though, so if you like the smell and don't mind dipping your fingers in, you might really like this!

August 07, 2009

I have been using this balm for 5 yrs. I have never found any other product that can moisturize dry chapped lips like this can. It can also be used on dry skin if desired. I applied it on a sore chapped nose from too much nose blowing when I had a cold...amazing is all I have to say. Just keep it out of the heat...it will melt and make a mess if spilled.

June 02, 2009

I first bought this lip balm a few years ago when I was buying a dress at a local boutique. I had never seen it before but noticed a small display at the cash register. I asked the sales associate about it and said they were fantastic; not only moisturized your lips but it could be used virtually anywhere on your body. I was sold.

I have probably purchased this product over 15 times since that first day, because I simply can't get enough. It lasts surprisingly long for such a small container and especially considering I use it for just about everything. I love the smell and it's also not very sticky (which scores big points with my boyfriend.) I have used this product on dry patches on my face, elbows, and legs. I have used it on blemish marks, helping them to heal remarkably quickly. I frequently use it to moisturize my hands, cuticles and of course, my lips. If you can’t tell, I am a huge fan!