Prestige Item
Tatcha The Water Cream Reviews

May 16, 2018

Nice and light for summer

This is a light face cream suitable for summer. It comes in beautiful packaging! It's a gel-cream texture (similar to Sunday Riley Tidal cream) and is quite moisturising.

I wouldn't use this for the winter, but for the summer it's perfect!

April 29, 2018

Amazing moisturizer!

My daughter bought me this for my birthday and I love it! It is such an amazing moisturizer. My skin feels silky smooth as soon as I apply it. It is a bit pricey but well worth the price. I’d definitely buy it again!

April 25, 2018

I love this product in certain circumstances

I bought this product based on reviews I read and I do really like it as it is lightweight yet moisturizing and it doesn't feel oily or clog your pores. However, I feel in the winter this cream really isn't enough. For the summer, it is absolutely perfect though because it won't cause your skin to feel clogged as it is so lightweight and smooth. Tatcha overall is amazing and this product doesn't disappoint but I did think it would be more moisturizing.

April 25, 2018

Wonderful Consistency

The ingredients claim to reduce the look of pore size and refresh the skin. Beyond makeup and surgery, nothing will reduce pore size. That claim made me hesitant to purchase this product.

But I gave it a go.

It smooths on very well, and you need less than a pea size (the recommended amount as per directions) to give full coverage. It is a light moisturizer, so for dryer skin your best bet is to use a serum underneath, or use a secondary moisturizer at the beginning/end of your day.

The ingredients are nice; there are some non-synthetic ingredients that make the product attractive. How effective they are, based on scientific research, is much to be desired. The synthetics inside the products make it feel very smooth!

The first ingredient is water, so keep that in mind when you purchase this product that most of your money is paying for water. There’s also alcohol inside, but it’s near the end on the ingredient list.

I am unsure if Tatcha has sustainable sourcing for ingredients.
    Their packaging is excessive, and probably drives up the price. It’s made of virgin (new) plastic, and has a plastic spoon included as an applicator. The box has a secondary box inside which holds the product, and finally a rice paper wrapping that surrounds the product itself, detailing the company’s geisha history.

April 24, 2018

The holy grail of water creams

I absolutely love this cream! I use it day or night and no matter the season. It’s so lightweight and hydrating, it feels like water is bursting on to your face when you massage this in. It may be a bit pricey but a little bit is really all you need and of you put on too much it looses its weightless feel.

March 20, 2018

Felt so good on my skin!

I discovered this moisturizer through a set I bought at Sephora. It lasted me a couple weeks and I absolutely fell in love with it! It has a light scent to it that disappears fast. I loved that it glides super easy on my face and instantly absorbed into my skin, it didn't break me out at all. This was definitely a life saver for me during the summer and I'm definitely going to purchase the full size in the future!:)

March 12, 2018

Excellent but Pricey

I really like the Tatcha silk cream but its way too expensive for my budget. So I splurged and got the Tatcha water cream that is a little bit easier on the wallet (though still pricey).

I really like this cream. It feels and smells great and even though it's recommended for oily skin and my skin is dry but i think it is still pretty effective for daily use. It is very light and sits well under makeup. I would definitely recommend it to people with oily skin who want to splurge on a nice product.

January 21, 2018

Unbelievable

Gosh I was really hoping I wouldn't love this moisturizer as much as I do! The Water Cream is a dream - beautiful whipped gel-like texture, goes on like silk and transforms your skin. I have combination skin, oily T zone, normal/dry everywhere else. This cream perfectly balances me out - t zone is oil free and the rest of my face is hydrated and even toned. It's also done a wonderful job reducing my pores and texture. Yes, it's expensive but it does exactly what it says and that means the world to me <3

2.7/5

October 06, 2017

Overpriced but cool texture

I received this sample size from a Sephora point perk that I redeemed. This sample probably had around 6 uses in it (I tried to use this sparingly). This moisturizer is really interesting, in that it looks like a cream, but when you apply it and rub it in, the consistency turns into an almost watery texture. It doesn’t stay creamy. I didn’t really notice any dramatic effects, or anything that really wowed me, in terms of hydration. I used this moisturizer in place of my usual Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief, and it didn’t really feel like it did a better job. It may not have even been as good as my Clinique.
    Would I repurchase? Probably not. The exorbitant price does not match my experience with the sample size. It didn’t “wow” me, so I’m not going to pay a “wow” price.

September 23, 2017

Best cream ever!!!

I used my Sephora beauty rewards to get Tatha - The Water Cream. I was quite surprised how amazing my skin felt and looked using the cream. I have been looking for a new face cream for a couple of years now as the one I used is no longer available in Canada. I have not purchased it because of the price. It is $82.00 Canadian, however ever time I use it i am amazed how well it works. I usually purchase hydrating gel creams for my face. It looks thick in the jar, but definitely does not feel heavy.I think I will have to get it.