The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil Reviews
#5 in Face Oils

March 26, 2019

Works well, smells odd

I began using this product about a year ago, it is one of the few I continually purchase from The Ordinary. I have dry skin and fine lines. I use this as the second last step in my night routine ( last step is Origins Drink It Up mask). My skin drinks it up, and then i seal it in. Does not break me out, but I'm not prone to breakouts. It does not smell like rose, but it does not smell bad.

June 26, 2018

Unstable Oil

Rosehip oil is an amazing dry oil, it has many benefits, and is a great oil to start with. It is not fitting whatsoever for dry skin, as it absorbs in too quickly. What isn't great about it is its shelf life. Rosehip oil only lasts for 6 months before going rancid, and once rancid, it is harmful to the skin. The shelf life label is listed at 12 months, which is deceiving - as the product does not last that long, without going rancid, even if refrigerated. While I like that TO sells this in 30 ml varieties, larger 120 ml varieties exist at a nicer cost. To use this up by the time it goes rancid, you would have to use it everyday, twice a day. The smell of this is grassy, oily and unassuming - though some people might not like that. The dropper format also isn't the greatest for helping it not go rancid.

May 06, 2018

So far so good!

I’ve only been using this for about a week so I probably need more time to figure out how this should fit into my routine. Right now I apply two drops to my face right before bed. While I haven’t noticed any significant changes, my skin is definitely softer and more hydrated. I’m excited to see what happens after long term use!