The Ordinary Coverage Foundation Reviews
#45 in Foundation

July 13, 2018

Great coverage!

I would definitely recommend this foundation if you want something full coverage. For somone who does not wear make up on a daily basis, the foundation is great for a night out and it won't break the bank either! I personally prefer the serum foundation, however.

June 27, 2018

Holy grail foundation that fits everyone's budget!

What is there NOT to say about this foundation?! Ever since I tried The Ordinary's Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% product, I was hooked. And at the price that these products cost, I knew I needed to try their foundation! I tried the serum version of the foundation first and couldn't find a way for it to be applied evenly. This coverage foundation, however, is an absolute godsend! I can mix it with my moisturizer and/or sunscreen, wear it alone on top of my moisturizer for extra coverage, and it doesn't accentuate my dry spots (re: pimples that are healing). They have a HUGE selection of colours, and it's easy to mix and match 1-3 shades throughout the year (without breaking the bank!) in order for the foundation to fit our skintone during the various seasons. HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

June 26, 2018

A little goes a long way

The most attractive part about this foundation is the price. It works better than most foundations at this price. The finish of this is not matte - though it doesn't claim to be, it does fully dry down and needs powder to set - probably better suited for those who have dry skin. It is at least medium coverage, and you don't need a ton of it. It does not mix well with any other foundations however, but mixes well with the serum foundation. The product does separate, and so shaking before using is a must. The shade range is amazing for the price - and the inclusion of cool, neutral and warm tones is great. If you can, I would recommend going into a DECIEM and swatching, but if you can't, they have a 365 day return policy - also the price is less than $7.

June 21, 2018

Best value foundation I have ever bought!

This foundation is by far one of the best foundations I have ever had my hands on and it costs less than almost any drug store foundation. The packaging is simple and sleek, and the foundation glides on your skin amazingly. The brand had a good selection of tones, and is a great option for a summer coverage foundation that does not clog your pores.

May 16, 2018

Very Ordinary

Very ordinary foundation... Its nothing special and I feel like there are a lot better foundations out there if you just spend a little more money. This slips around so much, and it not matte at all like it claims to be. It'll feel wet on your face the whole day if you don't powder over it and because of that, it'll come off your face easily too. One precaution is that this is much thinner and water-like than most foundations so be careful when you first use it.

April 10, 2018

Moderate coverage at a great price

I was a bit skeptical at first given the somewhat mixed reviews by a number of youtube bloggers. However, since the price was so low, I figured it was worth a shot (it comes in way cheaper than most drugstore brands of foundations). I have been using the coverage foundation, as well as the serum foundation for about 3 months and I have to say I love it so much. The coverage is just about right, and wears pretty long without having to set with powder. My skin is generally sensitive, but has worked out quite well with the foundation so far.

Only downside is the lack of shades, though I'm unfair in comparing their range to other brands like Clinique and Laura Mercier. The colour is close enough to my skin and should work great for most skin tones. I just wish there was something more yellow/petal undertone - right now, its either yellow, gold, pink, or beige.

April 10, 2018

A staple in my “everyday makeup routine”

the ordinary coverage foundation is a great product at an amazing price.. I’ve gone through at least 4 of these already and l just ordered more! In my opinion, this foundation provides medium coverage but it is buildable. It feels so light and applies evenly., this foundation has a semi-matte finish. I love that my skin looks so natural when I use this. I hope to see the ordinary add more shades of this foundation in the near future. :)

March 31, 2018

Great and Affordable Foundation!

I'm a big fan of The Ordinary serums so I was so excited to try this foundation. I've always struggled to find a foundation that is true to my skin color, so I was very pleased to be able to choose from a variety of shade and undertone combinations. I do love how lightweight it is and how natural it looks in comparison to some of the cakier foundations out there. My only drawback is that it can cause my skin to look a little too glowy (as it is pretty oily), but it's not something some powder can't fix.

November 18, 2017

I prefer this to the Serum Foundation

I bought the Serum Foundation first and quite liked it but I think it's better for the summer, for my needs anyway. I have a drier skin and prefer a little more coverage so I really like the Coverage Foundation. It is similar to NYX's Total Control Drop Foundation - a watery feel but ultimately buildable, full coverage foundation. It leaves a matte finish with a velvety feel and works well my favourite foundation brush. They are also made to be used with The Ordinary's primers, which I use, and they work so well together.