4.9/5
The Ordinary Squalane Cleanser Reviews

Good - 0

July 22, 2019

Forget expensive makeup remover balms, this product is it

First of all, I am a huge fan of The Ordinary as almost all of their products work wonders on my skin.
    I recently got my hands on "The Ordinary Squalane Cleanser" and I am extremely happy with my purchase. The product has a balm-like consistency and it melts makeup in seconds. It does not have any smell and does not rip off the moisture from the skin. I have tried the product on smudge-proof lipsticks, highly pigmented bronzers and eyeshadow and it outdid itself. I find it best for heavy-duty or waterproof makeup.

July 14, 2019
    Kent, United Kingdom

Best I've ever tried!

This product is the best I have ever used...... and I've tried a lot over the years.
    It's applied as a cream and desolves, as you gently rub it onto the skin, into an oil.
    My skin is left feeling beautifully soft and........ I can't find the right word. You'll just have to try it for yourself to understand!

June 26, 2019

I love this stuff!!!

This is serious happiness for my face!! I have really dry, dehydrated skin and I find most cleansers to strip to much moisture out.

This cleanser is strange in that you do not wet your face first. You rub it between your hands to turn it into and oil, rub it around and the rinse with warm water.
    I did not find my face squeaky or oily after, it left a nicely balanced palate for my other Ordinary products to perfectly absorb into!!
    Perfection.. and thier price point is affordable!!

June 20, 2019

Amazing for dry skin

I don't normally fall in love with a product so quickly but this cleanser is exceptional. It's perfect for my dry skin. It appears as a thick cream but melts into an oil when applied. No drippy messes when applying.
    It's gentle on my skin and leaves me hydrated and is very effective at removing makeup (including mascara).

I'm so in love with this I don't think I'm ever going to switch.

The Ordinary products are always reasonably priced which is another bonus.

June 12, 2019

Nice Gentle Cleanser!

This is a great cleanser that is gentle and effective. It comes out of the squeeze bottle looking like a lotion and then quickly becomes an oil as it is rubbed into your skin. It doesn't feel like it is stripped your skin but washing away the surface impurities that the say leaves on your face.

May 10, 2019

So surprised!

I wasn't sure what to expect but with so many great reviews I had to try it.

I thought I would need to use as a double cleanse first step because it does go on like an oil cleanser, it gets all melty and slippery, then legitimate magic happens and once water hits it rinses so clean! My face felt totally cleansed but not tight and stripped. The biggest seller for me was even though I didn't do or need a second wash after all my makeup was gone. Like gone gone. Usually in the morning I still end up with mascara residue after my shower. With this NOTHING! SOLD!

May 05, 2019

Love this product!

I've tried many products to remove my makeup and cleanse my skin at the same time but nothing seems to do the job well. I would always still see traces of my makeup after. This one completely removed everything and it left my skin feeling so soft. I love the way this melts into oil but not very greasy, just enough to take off my mascara.

March 30, 2019

Best at removing makeup

The ordinary is one of my favourite skincare brands and I was so excited when I heard they were coming out with this cleanser! I love squalane oil so I was excited to see what this cleanser would be like. It's amazing at removing makeup and I love that there is no oily residue left after washing it off which happens with some oil based cleansers. It's very gentle and I would definitely buy it again when I run out.

March 26, 2019

Best makeup remover I have used!

I have been pretty faithful to my micellar cleanser for my nightly eye makeup removal (I only wear eye makeup) but I found that I still had to use a second product the next morning for residue. I bought the Ordinary product on a whim and took it on a cruise, thinking it would be easier than making a travel size micellar water and cotton pads. I was very happy that it worked perfectly! A little goes a long way and after a water rinse, my eyes were fully clean with no residue in the morning. It does not get as liquid as their ad showed, but it is gentle and non-irritating (to me) and leaves no greasy after feel. And at $8, I think this is a bargain.

March 19, 2019

So simple yet so awesome

This cleanser is fabulous. I use a pea sized amount on my hands. Rubbed it together to warm it first. Applied to my face like a cream. It feels a bit like an oil being applied to your skin. Then I wiped it off with a warm cloth. All my makeup came off super easily. And my skin was squeaky clean after. I even went over it with toner on a cotton pad after to make sure. No traces of makeup remaining! And my skin felt soft and hydrated, not tight or dry. My new favourite cleanser ❤️