Good

Women: Body-Positive Art to Inspire and Empower Reviews

1 review
Ranked #237 out of 1044 in Books

February 08, 2016

this book was confronting some of my own and realising that I cannot say 'it's not your business' about certain parts of my own lifestyle while passing judgement on another.

Throughout this book Carol Rossetti (who you may have seen dotted around the internet) accompanies gorgeous pencil illustrations with statements about acceptance and support. I think unhappy people naturally have a tendency to judge others and by finding our own self-acceptance and using books like this to give our brains a kick start, we can find love for ourselves and those around us with different lifestyles.

One way Rossetti sets herself apart from the other books in this field is by her depiction of disabled, 'flawed' and non-stereotypical people alongside issue or messages that are not directly related to the message. In this way she subtly indicates that having dwarfism or being in a wheelchair does not define the type of person you are or the struggles you may face.

The book is split into sections relating to beauty or work and many more. There is a particularly moving section at the end that deals with traumas that one may have faced and could trigger difficult feelings, so make sure you're ready to face it before tackling that section.

The paper is lovely, thick quality with vibrant colors in a lovely hard cover, with more illustrations than I expected. Yet I already managed to read them all, so enthralled I was with this great book! Would particularly make a great gift for young women struggling to find themselves or with confidence. Highly recommend.

Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise

Ysl Mon Paris amour

Liberte Greek Yogurt

Giorgio Armani Si Perfume

Lindt Chocolates

Nyx contour palette

Bikou added a new review for
    Loreal foundation