Avene Cicalfate Repair Cream

Avene Cicalfate Repair Cream Reviews

Ranked #91 out of 1112 in Facial Lotions & Creams

June 26, 2016

This is a great product to use to prevent scarring and speed up the epidermal healing process.
The texture is a little thick and I would describe it more like a balm than a cream, could leave you feeling a little greasy if you apply too much. I get hormonal acne flare-ups and I sometimes have a small residual scar/scab type spots afterwards so I apply a small dab of this and it helps it to heal quicker. I also get some flakes and dryness around the corners of my nose and this product helps to moisturize as well as it has thermal water in it as an ingredient.
Avene is a brand known for being suitable for sensitive skin so you do not need to worry about irritating or having a reaction to the product because it does have a little bit of an intimating scent to it. It can be used for a variety of different skin concerns: diaper rash, burns, scraps, post-procedure skin, minor irritations etc and it is also safe to apply to mucous membranes which is quite rare. Avene has also just recently dropped the price of a tube to 16$, I cannot remember what it was before. The tube is also quite large, you only need a small amount and should last a while depending on how often you use it. It is cheaper than La Roche Posay Cicaplast or BioDerma Cicabio which all work the same way and share similar ingredients.

June 26, 2016

J'achète ce produit depuis plusieurs années. J'ai la peau particulièrement sensible et réactive. J'applique cette crème sur mes rougeurs et elles disparaissent très rapidement.

May 02, 2016

I really love this cream. It's not too expensive either, considering Avene is generally a higher quality brand. I like that it leaves my skin moisturized, but not oily. The zinc really helps for healing scratches and blemishes.

April 27, 2016

The Avene Cicalfate repair cream reminds me a lot of the 8 Hour Cream by Elizabeth Arden.
It's thick and ointment like. It almost has a bit of a medicinal scent to it.
I like it for really dry skin spots, like the elbows. It's great for healing scabs too. Keeps the
skin moist to help prevent scarring.

February 05, 2016

This is the best stuff for dry skin. It only took a couple applications to notice a difference. It is a little more but worth it.

January 31, 2016

I recently purchased this to help me deal with tight, dry winter skin. I use it on my face and hands.

The product is very soothing to irritated skin, and did not cause acne or anything other problems.It's definitely non-irritating and highly moisturizing.

I'm not a huge fan of the texture of the cream. It's very thick and leaves a slightly greasy film, which means it's not very nice to wear under make-up. It pretty wonderful as a spot treatment for highly dry areas and to use as a night moisturizer.

Because the cream is so thick, I find that I'm going through the tube quite quickly.

October 21, 2015

This cream is great! For everything! I first used it on a wound after surgery, but now for dryness, pimples pretty much everything!! It really works great if you're doing Lazer hair removal, it really stops the burn, and hydrates incredibly!

July 23, 2015

This stuff is really great. Especially for any kind or irritation or wound. Itso also fantastic for tattoo healing or any other skin procedures to help speed up healing time.

April 28, 2015

I don't use any other hand cream cause this works best for me and my eczema. Absorbs well into the skin and easily. Very effective and it lasts for several hours even after washing my hands. No wonder why my dermatologist recommended it :) it may be more pricey than other hand creams but it's more effective. Your health and well being shouldn't have a price tag on it!

March 31, 2015

So good for chapped dry hands! Works best if used at night with moisture gloves.

jujusamples has posted in the forum topic
Checkout 51

jujusamples has posted in the forum topic
Top 5 AFFORDABLE makeup brands!!

prettyrainbow has posted in the forum topic

j.beauty has started a new forum topic
Top 5 AFFORDABLE makeup brands!!

tracy1963 has started a new forum topic

j.beauty added a new review for
Manic Panic Hair Dye