Benefit Cosmetics That Gal Brightening Face Primer Reviews

Ranked #317 out of 324 in Primer

Go from dull to darling with that gal. Its a silky pink primer that makes skin appear smoother and brighter. Wear alone for clear complexion radiance or apply before makeup for smooth, effortless application. Re-brighten during the day with that gal. It's "that gal" perfection for a happy complexion.

August 25, 2015

This primer is pretty cool. I don't use it on my entire face. I only use it under my eyes to brighten them up and make me look younger. Great product.

January 20, 2015

This product is THE BOMB! Every time I run out, I buy more. It is a brightening primer that can be used with or without makeup > thats right ladies, I wear this every day! It is twist packaging, which I love! (Never squeeze out too much, getting your money's worth). It appears a soft pink in colour but quickly dissapates once you spread it on. You do not need much, a little goes a long way! It does not have a strong scent (for those of you who don't like perfume) and can be worn over top of moisturizer for a brightening effect, and/or under foundation to prime. This primer will last me approximately 4 months (keeping in mind, I wear it every day religiously). The value is great and it exceeds my expectations.

August 24, 2009

I received this product in a gift bag for an industry event I attended. I've used the product quite a bit and really like it.

The packaging is very creative and fun, as it looks like a glue stick and works the same way. You turn the bottom of the stick to dispense the pinky coloured 'brightening face primer'. It's packaging is a great way to avoid product contamination (which I'm a huge advocate for). I just dial up however much I need based on what I'm using it for, swipe and apply. Very easy to use.

The colour would probably be suitable for just about everyone. The website says you can use it alone, under or over makeup. I typically use it in-place off or with blush. Typically, I'll skip blush and use it to just brighten up my cheek area, and of course it does give a nice hint of colour without being to over powering. However it does work well with blush either under or over it, depending if you want that 'glow' or not.

Since I received this product for free I don't know the exact price, however their website lists it as $28.00, although I'm not sure if that is in US or Canadian dollars.

I would definitely recommend this product to others. I think it's versatile enough and would make those who don't wear much makeup and who do wear makeup very happy. You can use it in so many ways to achieve a nice glowing complexion.

June 01, 2009

this is the very good smell primer ^^ make my face looks more bright and its so easy to use in stick .. too bad the quantity is too small ...

January 08, 2008

Let me start by saying that I am a huge Benefit cosmetics fan. Even though some of their products are a bit gimmicky, I love them, and continue to buy them over and over. I've never gotten into the colors, but that's because I'm not much of a neutrals girl, and they obviously do neutrals super well. But I need color! Lots of color!

Anyway. That being said, I think I have finally found the one product by Benefit that I just plain don't like. I'm forever looking for a decent foundation primer, and as soon as I figured out that I needed one badly, I turned to Benefit first. I grabbed That Gal because 1) it was Benefit; 2) it has the cityscape of NYC on it, and we all know that I heart NYC and 3) it was supposed to "brighten" my face as well as prime it.

I really don't like the twist up style of the product. If you happen to lose the cap (and please don't - you'll forever regret it), the product will dry out and you will not be able to work the product up out of the packaging. Currently, after 2 months, I am able to get one string of primer out of the package. Bear in mind there are probably 50 holes in the thing. I'm guessing they are all clogged up. I'm not sure. I don't want to pull it open and investigate. But don't lose that cap. Seriously.

But more than that, it just didn't have the brightening effect that I was looking for. I didn't see much of a difference at all. Maybe my face doesn't need brightening, I don't know. But if it did, this wouldn't be the product I'd reach for. I didn't find that it helped extend the life of my foundation, nor did it help achieve that flawless finish that I'm used to.

For $27 an ounce, I need a bit more performance. But don't worry Benefit, I still love you. I love your Eye Bright, EyeCon, Ooh la la lift, and just about everything else that you've ever made.