Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Even Finish Foundation
Good

Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Even Finish Foundation Reviews

Ranked #348 out of 595 in Foundation

December 05, 2014

Finally - a natural-looking and long-wearing foundation. Comfortable and hydrating, this medium to full coverage oil-free formula never looks cakey or masky. Glycerin and shea butter keep skin feeling moisturized while a gel base creates a lightweight it is a bit pricey at $57 but a little goes a long way It gives a very nice finish - not too matte or too glossy - since most longwear foundations give you a very matte cakey look, this doesn't The color is the ONLY foundation I have ever found that matches my real color

April 24, 2013

I initially got a sample of this in Beige to test out at home. Considering you'll pay around $50 for this product, I wasn't going to buy before trying it. I ended up buying it after a couple weeks of wear, and it turns out that it's well worth it. I've rated the price as 'average' because it's no more expensive than many other brands at this level, but it definitely isn't what I would consider an 'affordable' or 'budget' product for many people. It's definitely worth shelling out some money for, however.

The other 'longwear' foundations in my arsenal of oily skin friendly formulations are Esteé Lauder Doublewear & Doublewear Light, and while they are great in terms of coverage & wear time, Bobbi Brown Long-Wear is far more natural looking. Even when using more product on not-so-great skin days. Not to mention that it's an exact match for my NC25 skin.

This formula truly is long-wear, never feels heavy on the skin, never clogs my pores, can provide light to medium coverage, doesn't take much product at all to cover my entire face past my jawline, comes in a heavier frosted glass bottle with a black pump (bonus - I'm looking at you NARS & Esteé Lauder), and is ridiculously easy to apply without having to waste 10 minutes blending it out (I use a synthetic bristled Real Techniques buffing brush). I'm done - including setting powder - in less than 5 minutes. I love the shades of Bobbi Brown foundations as well, which are more yellow-toned, which neutralizes the slight redness around the center of my face & look like skin. Not like a face full of foundation. I normally only need to blot a little shine by the middle of the day with a little bit of Kett setting powder, and I do mean a little, but only once. Any more often is too much. Even if I'm too busy to do this, this foundation never transfers, never wears off, never becomes uneven or patchy, and never looks like I've got an oil slick going on.

Definitely glad I picked this puppy up. It's now my most-used foundation. Seeing as I own over 35 different formulas & brands - pro & regular department store formulations - that's saying a whole lot.