Brand New - Deja Entendu (2003)
Good

Brand New - Deja Entendu (2003) Reviews

1 review
Ranked #43 out of 77 in CDs

April 09, 2015

Music reviews are always so weird to me because it's such a subjective thing...but here we are...

This is my favourite album of all time. This album was released at a time when, musically, emotionally, etc. I was really coming into my own person. And this album just touched me in a way that, as a whole, no other album has. At this point it is full of not only great music but nostalgia also. It was difficult for me to look up the release year of this album because I can't believe it was over a decade ago, and it still gets regular play.

From beginning to end this album has many different tones, sounds, and themes. One song written about Lacey's ill grandfather, and another about the life of touring "wasting words on lower cases and capitals".

My favourite song (almost of all time) is Play Crack The Sky. From beginning to end. That song is endless chills and good and bad feelings and things I will never be able to describe with words.

That said, I can't find many real words to describe how I feel about this album. To hear it performed live was amazing, an experience I will treasure forever. There is definite maturation from YFW (2001), and then again future departure, musically, on subsequent albums.

I love the growth and change of Brand New.

Barcode

Bridal Shower Gift

kelx added a new review for
    Eco Max Laundry-Lavendar

Trapper added a new review for
    Coca cola zéro

Trapper added a new review for
    Starbucks Cafe Mocha

StaceyBuhr has started a new forum topic
    Crime shows