Divergent Book Series Reviews

Ranked #13 out of 960 in Books

November 12, 2016

Some of the best books i've ever read! so addicting and well worth it! the movies don't live up the books. The books are always better!! such a good series, well recommended !

June 18, 2016

all the books were great , but the third one was so sad. Killing off a main character and making Tobias lose his only true love made me want to cry. It was a great series though I couldn't stop crying after it.

June 07, 2016

I did read through this whole series so it's at least good writing. Love that it's another female based storyline about revolution and fighting for what you want in life. What I don't like as much is that the story faintly leads you along with a little possible love story but it kind of gets lost in the mix. But it's a good read and I love books that went on to film.

June 07, 2016

loved this book series, i read all the books in a matter of a month as part of a school project, loved all the characters, loved the storyline and some of the few books i own

February 17, 2016

I really liked the Divergent series. I loved the characters. I didn't like that Tess died before the third book. Wish they would come out with another book. The movie was really good too.

January 11, 2016

I really liked the Divergent book series and devoured them once the newest one released. The last one (Allegiant) wasn't my favorite, but it was definitely nice to have closure. But all in all, I think Divergent is a great read for anyone interested in the dystopian-society type.

September 27, 2015

If you liked The Hunger Games I really think this is another series you will love! I was sucked in right from the start, the characters really draw you in. I loved the plot twists and I had a hard time putting this one down.

August 11, 2015

This book is worth every penny as the plot twist are unexpected but i didn't like the last book as much. For me the series could have finish a totally different way.

July 21, 2015

Comparable to 'Hunger Games,' with a strong female representation, love story, action/adventure, and loss. Gripping novel and certainly worth a read. The movies are good but nothing compares to the details and experience of a novel.

June 03, 2015

I watched the movie of divergent before I read the book, but I went straight to the bookstore after the theatre to buy it. The book was amazing and within 3 days I had run out to purchase the next 2. Again, the 3rd book was way too rushed and felt wrong...between that and the perspective change, it was difficult read compared to the first 2.

Despite my distaste for the 3rd book, when the follow up "four" came out, I of course, had to have it. I've o ,y read 2 of the stories I it so far, but I have to admit that it re-it ignited my passion for the series. I just really wish that the third one had been more on par with the others.