Hard Candy Curl Up & Dye Mascara Reviews

Ranked #578 out of 773 in Mascara

Add a little glamour to your wink with this curling mascara. This rich, intense color mascara adds depth and curl to even the tiniest lashes. Our unique lash-flexing formula offers a combination of ingredients that gives long-lasting curl to lashes.

May 25, 2014

Hard Candy will always get mucho points for their gorgeous and fun packaging like the one for their Curl up and Dye mascara. Comes in many different fun colors! i personally use their purple shade that they named Venus. Very pretty but also kinda messy, which is the only reason this product isn't getting 5 stars. And it does a pretty good job at making your lashes look full.

1.5/5

March 27, 2014

I find the formula too thick and the mascara flakes into your eye as the day goes by! Terrible for contact lens users. Dumping mine. Not impressed :(

September 04, 2013

I thought that this product worked pretty good, I would buy it again

November 29, 2012

I love this line of makeup, I would have to say it`s my favorite by far. I work at walmart and thats where they sell it. Love it, so convenient. I love the way the brush curls it gives your lashes that extra boost and the dye brings them a bit more darker. I think that this is a good product and I would definitely recommend it to my friends.

October 12, 2011

Good mascara, but it seemed to be quite messy.. I'm a sucker for packaging.

September 08, 2011

i love his because i got alot of volume though it is a little too heavy fo some occasions

September 06, 2011

This is definitely one of the better mascaras I have used which does deliver on a number of counts.
Although I was expecting very very little from this product, I was pleasantly surprised.

Firstly, the brush is probably one of the thinnest, longest, skinniest ones I have ever seen - with just a slight curve and very short bristles. I was worried about this when I first opened it as I have not had good results with thin brushes and short bristles in the past. Not a problem. With one swipe it covers all of my lashes from the outside corner to the inside corner, with NO CLUMPING. I have not had this experience with any other mascara.

Secondly, it DOES curl my lashes. A LOT. Even with only one coat. No other mascara does this, not even any MAC/Lancome/etc mascaras which promise to do so. I compared it side by side with MAC's Opulash, and this Hard Candy product blew it out of the water. This one curls my lashes like crazy, as well as lengthens and volumizes them like nothing I have seen before without a primer. I am able to use just one coat for lengthening to the extreme, or several - 4 or 5 - for great amounts of volume AND length. Opulash clumped, did very little to lengthen my lashes, and definitely did NOT curl them. The only difficulty I had was when using the brush on my lower lashes, due to the length of it. It takes a bit of getting used to for that.

Next, the fact that it doesn't flake at all - ALL DAY - is yet another plus with this product. This is something I have found to be very rare with most mascaras.

Lastly, the packaging is great. It's got a little see-through window which allows you to see the exact color you're buying. I haven't seen this with any other mascara. I myself got it in a very deep navy blue - Mr Night - but it comes in several other colors as well.

For $6 or so, you really can't go wrong with this product. The fact that it outperforms all of the higher-end/more expensive mascaras I have tried, including MAC, Ojon, etc as well as cheaper ones such as Cover Girl, Maybelline, etc makes it well worth every penny. To get it even cheaper, head to the US if you live near a US border like I do, and get it at one of the stores that carry it there. The only other mascaras which have impressed me to this degree are L'Oreal's, but they are a tad more pricey, although very well worth it.

Definitely pick this one up. I bought mine nearly a year ago and it has not even come close to drying up. And no, it is definitely NOT necessary to replace your mascara every 3 months. Not even every 6 months. That is a big fat myth. Laboratory tests have been done which prove the exact opposite. Mascaras do not get overloaded with bacteria even when they are years old due to the preservatives and anti-microbials used in the manufacturing process. You can use your mascara as long as you wish, as long as it doesn't dry out. Don't waste your money and fall victim to yet another cosmetics myth.

June 08, 2011

I am in love with this mascara and will never go back to anything else. It makes my lashes look as if I am wearing falsies! So thick and lovely. Does not clump or flake off, would recommend to all!

March 09, 2011

This was cheap and I needed a new mascara so I decided I would try this one out. It claims that it curls your eyelashes, but I didn't notice much. It's not water proof. It clumps & gets flaky. I wouldn't buy it again or recommend it.

October 03, 2010

Add a little glamor to your wink with this curling mascara. This rich, intense color mascara adds depth and curl to even the tiniest lashes. Our unique lash-flexing formula offers a combination of ingredients that gives long-lasting curl to lashes.

The Curl Up & Dye Mascara definitely lived up to its curling name. I had never used a curling mascara and being that this mascara only retails for about $6, I was skeptical of its power but I was pleasantly surprised and will definitely be using it any time I want to add some curl to my lashes. The mascara is NOT waterproof so I would not recommend wearing it to any event in which you anticipate water works.