John Frieda Root Awakening Nourishing Moisture Shampoo Reviews

Ranked #549 out of 935 in Shampoo

How It WorksFormulated with natural eucalyptus to hydrate your scalp and stimulate your senses.Nourishes to revive dry hair from roots to ends and replenish vital moisture.Restores suppleness and shine, improving overall texture, for soft, shiny, healthy-looking hair in just one use.Gentle enough for daily use.

April 23, 2015

Smells nice, almost a bit minty... Doesn't really do much beyond simply cleaning your hair.

1.5/5

August 21, 2013

It is funny that the product description listed here is better than what is on the bottle.

When I bought this shampoo I took revitalizing to not necessarily mean moisturizing, so this was a wrong turn for me from the get go. I think their choice of adjectives of the bottles is misleading.

It took me a few months to realize that this was not only product making my scalp greasy, but the oil was also extending to my forehead. I switch products frequently to reduce build up, but this root 'awakener' overpowered them all. Weeks later I am still using a clarifying shampoo to clean up the damage.

Unless you have severe dandruff I would highly discourage use of this product.

Just as a disclaimer I would like to note that I am a frquent user of other JF products, so this one was a real surprise.

August 12, 2013

I absolutely love this shampoo. I also use the conditioner. It makes my scalp tingly and wakes me up in the morning. Lathers up really well so you do not have to use a lot at once. Leaves my thick wavy hair manageable and soft.

June 24, 2012

i tried this and the conditioner. While I liked the smell and my hair was super easy to comb out afterwards I found that by the end of the day my hair looked greasy. Not sure if it was the shampoo that caused this or the conditioner. Fortunately I bought them at Dollarama so they didn't break the bank. Perhaps it just doesn't work well on my fine hair..?

May 15, 2012

I received sample of John Frieda's Root Awakening Nourishing Moisture Shampoo for dry hair and I was really impressed. I love everything about this Shampoo( except of price). The smell is amazing and it makes my hair silky soft. And I like this nice cooling sensation on the scalp created by peppermint oil.

May 06, 2012

The smell is so good. Makes this worth it. The eucalyptus gets me.

November 21, 2011

Smells great and left my hair feeling very soft and very shiny. It didn't do much for adding volume or anything to my hair but I noticed my hair didn't get as oily as soon.

September 24, 2010

I received this as a free sample and was very happy with how well it cleaned my hair and left it feeling soft. But what surprised me the most was how long my hair stayed clean. My hair is oily on top and dry on the ends, so it can be hard to find something that works for both of my problems. I washed my hair with this on Tuesday and by Thursday it was still clean enough to go out and do my weekly shopping with out looking like a grease ball. Even when I woke up this morning my hair still didn’t look to bad. Although I will be washing it today no matter how well it still looks!! They say on the web site that this shampoo restores suppleness and shine, improving the over all texture of your hair, giving you soft, shiny healthy looking hair in just one use and they are right. They also say it’s gentle enough to use everyday, but like I said I sure didn’t need to rewash my hair for a few days. This shampoo also had a nice smell to it to go along with all the rest of the good things I found in it. I give John Frieda Nourishing moisture shampoo for dry hair a big thumb’s up!

August 19, 2010

I got a sample of this and conditioner a few days ago.First off it smells soooo good!It has Eucalyptus and Peppermint in it but has this really Musky type of smell that lingers!You also dont need much at all it lathers really good.My hair feels soft and silky.There was a mild tingle from the Eucalyptus and mint but its a nice refreshing feeling.

July 05, 2010

I have super fine, oily hair that is hard to grow long. This shampoo has made my hair have noticeable growth and doesn't make my scalp oily at all! My hair is also super soft and shiny - very healthy looking. I hope they don't ever take this off the market.