MAC Cosmetics Eye Liner in Penultimate Reviews

Ranked #582 out of 776 in Eye Liner

A liquid pen-style liner that provides the ultimate precise, bold line in a rich, deep carbon black shade. Goes on fluidly, in one steady stroke, to style any fashion of eye line.

June 16, 2016

Super cute and works well. I usually use this if I don't want a super dramatic eye look. Once applied it looks really dark, but as the day goes by it looks more as if a faded dark brown on me.

March 18, 2016

I did not like this eyeliner, I found it difficult to apply; barely any product would come off of the applicator. It also did not last long, for the product being an eyeliner, and then the price itself.
My personal favourite, and I have yet to find one that beats it, is... NYC liquid eyeliner, it is such a good price and works amazingly.

November 18, 2014

I have purchased this product many times and in the past little while I have not have the same results. I noticed that when I use the eyeliner after applying an eyeshadow (not MAC), the liner will not work. It appears to get coated with the eye shadow and will no longer leave a line where applied.
aside from in that instance, applied to a naked lid, this is the easiest liner i have ever used. easy to apply, and decently long lasting.... though i tend to re-apply more often than some liners.

March 05, 2014

This is the BEST eyeliner ever. super nice tip, a LOT of the product in the pen and last years and years without drying out! Nice think or thin black lines DEEP black not faded grey. Removes and corrects well yet stays in place for the WHOLE DAY! Only thing is like all mac products its a bit more pricey but still worth every penny

October 14, 2013

This eyeliner is perfect for doing winged eyeliner! The pen tip applicator gives you loads of control and makes it hard to mess up. Lasts all day, and night, and doesn't smudge or fade. Absolutely great product!

October 08, 2012

This lasts forever without smudging. It is so pigmented and It's perfect for winged liner because it creates such a clean line with the felt tip. By far the best liquid liner I have ever bought.

December 21, 2011

Omigosh I really love this MAC Penultimate Eye Liner in Rapidblack
It has been a reoccurring staple in my makeup bag for the past year.
I use this eyeliner only in conjunction with wearing false lashes. It's perfect for:
(1) hiding any extra lash glue when wearing false lashes
(2) lining any clear strips on the base of false lashes.

The felt tip of this liner is sharp enough to get in between the lashes to cover up any lash glue.

It's fast drying after application. I should note that one of these eye liners lasts me a good 3-4 months so the felt tip and liquid liner do not dry up as quickly as I had initially anticipated.

Even though it is a liquid eye liner from MAC, it is not like MAC's Liquidlast Liner at all - which is so gunky I got rid of it after a few uses

It's a nice intense black colour which I love (it's more intensely black than the Revlon Colourstay liquid eyeliner in black)
I don't see any setbacks to this eye liner. I really do love it and will continue to re-purchase it.

July 10, 2009

This is seriously the ultimate eyeliner. I always thought M.A.C. couldn't do better than their gel liners until now. This eyeliner is in the shape of a pen with a cushion grip so it's easy to hold. The best feature is the tip it's felt but not stiff like most liners that are out today it's very flexible and very thin so you can get the perfect line on the first try every time. The only down side is that they only have it in black so far so go buy some so they'll come out with fun colors :).