Nellie's All-Natural Laundry Soda Reviews

Ranked #197 out of 249 in Laundry Care

February 02, 2017

We got this detegent in preparation for baby's arrival. I wanted something completely irritant free. Got the 10L tub from costco.

It was really good at the beginning but after a while i started feeling that it wasnt cleaning well, the clothes would smell unclean even after they've been washed (sometimes going through two cycles). I then started adding more detergent but it didn't help. Eventually started alternating with another detergent (i think it was purex) which sort of kept things more or less in good condition.

To be honest i am not 100% certain if the problem is with the detergent or if it's my machine. I am hoping that this product performs better in a somewhat better washing machine. It didn't do well in our top-load.

The tub has lasted us a year, we washed both baby stuff and our own laundry with it, and there is still some left over. So it does last a very long time.

January 01, 2017

I'm so glad Costco carries this online, although if I time it right I can usually just pick up a large container when they have the Store Event at the local warehouse. It works great and it's low scent. A friend thought the "gluten-free" label was a joke or a gimmick but I explained to her that people with Celiac disease can have contact dermatitis from anything containing wheat. I know someone who has to be careful about which shampoo she buys because many contain wheat derivatives as thickening agents and it really irritates her scalp. Even though I don't personally have to worry about gluten, I like the fact that Nellie's doesn't contain harsh chemicals and synthetic fragrance (or even gluten!). And powder is better anyway - it's lightweight, better for the environment...why ship all that water around the planet? I also like the fact that Nellie's is constantly improving - they've recently switched up their dryer balls. I just bought some and will review them soon.

September 23, 2016

I saw an in-store demonstration of Nellies laundry product line and the results looked so great that I had to buy it, and I'm glad that I did. My clothes are clean and I am at peace of mind knowing that I am using an environmentally friendly product. The price is right because one small tin is good for 100 loads of laundry. Love it.....

March 28, 2016

I bought to product after the birth of my son. I was looking for a gentle laundry detergent without the heavy scent. I had read quite a few reviews and decided to take the plunge. I'm happy I did. This product exceeded my expectations. It cleans all of our clothes very well and I love that it is unscented. I also love that it lasts forever. I usually pick it up at Winners for a fraction of the price elsewhere.

February 10, 2016

I use Nellies washing soda for my babies laundry. It gets out all the nasty stains on the first try, and leaves her clothes clean without a strong perfume scent. I think I will be switching all of our detergent to Nellies now!

June 09, 2015

I decided to use this product for our laundry as members of the family have eczema and sensitive skin. I was pleasantly surprised! One container lasts a real long time, don't need much for a load. I love to add essential oils to it in the wash too!

January 07, 2015

Best natural detergent, all natural and very good wash. Good for sensitive skin, baby skin even cloth diaper. Need only a little scoop of powder.

September 12, 2014

We originally bought this to clean our cloth diapers and baby clothes. It was highly recommended on a few cloth diapering sites and was much less expensive than the other options so we bought the giant tub. While it does get clothes (and diapers) clean, we do find that we need to wash everything with a more traditional detergent every few weeks. Our whites start to look a little dingy, our delicates need more time in the sun / fresh air to smell and feel really clean, and we were having to strip our diapers more frequently than we would have liked. I love the price and the idea of this detergent but, since I have to purchase another detergent anyway, probably wouldn't buy this again.

0.5/5

September 08, 2014

I do have sensitivities to different products and thought this one sounded great. After using it for a couple weeks I was noticing skin irritation and breakouts on my body. I tried eliminating different food items or other product thinking it was that. I then realized that my laundry detergent was the only thing that had changed recently. I discontinued using Nellie,s and everything went back to normal. From now on I will stick to my Ecos Laundry Detergent.

August 08, 2014

I really love Nellie's laundry soda! I am constantly doing laundry, so I bought the BIG pail through Costco, and since you use only a little scoop, it lasted me over a year.
    I love that there are no fillers, scents, brighteners or dyes. And since it's powder, I'm not paying for water.