Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment Reviews

Ranked #1526 out of 2161 in Hair Care

Ojon™ - a true story... From the remote tropical rainforests of Central America, an ancient native secret to naturally beautiful hair has been discovered.
Central America's Miskito Indians, living on the lowlands along the Caribbean coast, were encountered by Columbus on his fourth voyage to the Americas in 1502. Five centuries later, the Miskito live very much as they did then. In their native language, they are called Tawira, or "the people of beautiful hair."™
The secret to their beautiful hair is Ojon™, a rich palm nut oil extracted from the tropical Ojon™ tree. This unique tree grows only in the rainforest of the Mosquitia region of Central America.
Ojon™ Restorative Hair Treatment is a unique, highly-concentrated and versatile hair rejuvenator containing 100% pure Ojon™ palm nut oil - the same oil used by the Miskito Indians of Central America for over 600 years. Ojon™ instantly hydrates and improves the condition of damaged, color-treated or processed hair without weighing it down. Fortifying, rebuilding and nourishing, it leaves hair extraordinarily shiny, silky and manageable. Ojon™ is color safe.
Ideal for dry, dull, damaged, natural or chemically-treated hair.
Ojon™ Restorative Hair Treatment is primarily used as a deep conditioning hair treatment, but it can also be used as a leave-in conditioner and as a shine enhancer. It even makes a great moisturizer/body polish.
A portion of the profits from the sale of Ojon™ go directly to the Miskito Indian tribes to help preserve their traditional lifestyle as well as the rainforests of the region.
No animal testing. No animal-derived ingredients.
Made in Italy

April 29, 2016

I am always on a quest for moisture treatments for my highlighted blonde locks. I first saw this product line on TSC. As I always do I had to try it, looked so interesting. The hard type of waxy consistency is best when scooped up about a half teaspoon and warmed in your hands, you apply to dry hair before you wash. I like to keep it on for at least half hour. It results in soft moisture infused hair, be careful, too much near the scalp makes hair greasy. I also am not a fan of the scent. It smells like burnt almonds, and various nuts, the smell lingers into the next day. Al in all it's a decadent treatment, I use it a few times a month.

March 14, 2015

My hair tends to get very frizzy so I decided to try Ojon's Restorative Hair Treatment to try to condition my hair and possibly reverse any damage. I bought the "Plus" version which has a lighter scent than the original and also contains antioxidants. The original scent was supposedly off putting to some people. Personally, this lighter version doesn't bother me. The consistency is like solidified coconut oil, which then melts in your hands as you rub them together. You're supposed to apply it to dry hair and I usually wait 15-20 minutes before washing with shampoo and conditioner. This leaves my hair feeling so soft and manageable. In addition, with continued use, the frizz seems to be less noticeable. Very pleased with the results! It's is a little expensive though. A 1.5 oz jar cost me about $20.

September 09, 2014

My mum gave me this for my birthday, and I love it, leaves my hair soft, shiny and frizz free, but unfortunately it is pricy, if you can afford it I highly recommend it.

August 15, 2014

This is one of the first Ojon products I've tried. I love to use it as an overnight deep conditioner. It has a nutty, woodsy smell, which reminds me of the outdoors, and it doesn't stain the pillow slipcover. It keeps my hair healthy and shiny between colors. After applying to my hair, if I have some left on my hands, I rub my elbows and knees. It acts as a moisture treatment. What an amazing product!!!!

March 19, 2011

The scent was so strong and terrible I had to run and wash my hair. I just couldn't stand it. Unfortunately this product smells like cigarrettes and moth balls mixed together! Sorry to be harsh, but it's the truth. If you can stand the scent, the product does an average job of improving your hairs texture. I had really dry hair and split ends. I put it on for 20 min the first time and it's was alright, but you don't get great results with that. What you need to do is put it on and leave it over night or longer if you can.

September 17, 2010

Ojon lives up to the hype building around it. A bit of back story: A tribe in the central Amercian rainforest has used a palm nut to extract an oil which they've used on their hair for centuries. The tribe is known as the people of beautiful hair. Someone from the tribe sold little bottles of the oil on a village corner in Honduras. One made its way to the home of someone who knew the industry. The oil is harvested ethically and with respect for the tribe.

The ojon oil contains lipids similiar to what occurs in healthy hair and skin. The products use various levels of ojon oil in gentle formulas to treat the hair.

I have dry/ sometimes frizzy hair and the oil is a great treatment. I am using it once a week since my hair is quite healthy. It smells like mocha to me and is a light textured oil which is in a paste form in the jar, but liquefies to oil when you rub it in your palms. You apply it globally and leave it for a while before washing and conditioning normally. For best results you can leave it on overnight. All types of hair can use this.

Some of the best uses I see for this are for situations which put stress on the hair - like before you go into a pool (it coats and protects the hair), on vacation for a treatment every time you sit by the pool/ beach, and I'm going to try it a week after I get highlights... which usually makes my hair feel very rough.

A quick note... you can buy it at Sephora, but I got a better deal by watching for it as a 'today's showstopper' on the Canadian Shopping Channel.

December 13, 2009

I've tried a couple different products for Ojon,they are great and worth the money.You hair feels so soft and healthy!!!

April 02, 2007

One of the best hair treatments I have ever used on my frizzy, thick, coarse and unruly hair. The longer you leave it on, the bigger the difference you will see. If you can stand it, leave it in overnight and wash in the morning for super shiny hair. I use regularly every week and leave it on for about an hour and I've been getting compliments on how shiny and healthy my hair is looking. Much easier to work with as well. I really love the entire Ojon line, and have invested in most of it.

j.beauty has started a new forum topic
Top 5 AFFORDABLE makeup brands!!

tracy1963 has started a new forum topic

Manic Panic Hair Dye

j.beauty earned the Beauty Guru badge

Morphe Eyeshadow Palettes

Morphe Brushes

prettyrainbow added a new review for
Bio-Oil