Revlon PhotoReady Primer Reviews

Ranked #243 out of 323 in Primer

June 03, 2015

I bought it thinking it would help with my dry skin cause my make up is always flaky and coming off and i seen an online article saying that it was good for dry skin but i find it doesnt do anything for me not like how i thought it would was hoping it could tame down my dry skin so i could have foundation on

April 26, 2015

I wasn't impressed with this primer. It's very thick and went on cakey which in turn caused my foundation to cake up. Trying to correct it by blending made it look even worse as some areas rubbed completely off and others caked up more.

April 26, 2015

This is the only makeup I wear daily. It covers up the small lines in my face but it also makes my skin tone look more even. The price isn't bad either, compared to other primers it is basically a steal.

April 15, 2015

I used to buy a crazy expensive primer but when it was out of stock and was desperate I gave this a go. And I love it way way more. Get this, it's awesome and I can't live without it

January 24, 2015

Very disappointed with this primer. I have sensitive skin so I can have some redness that I want to cover up. This primer was really hard to apply. It goes on thick and is hard to even out. It ends up feeling and looking very cakey. it was very difficult to apply foundation on top of. The next problem was that after a few minutes I started to have a reaction to it. I got really red and my skin was burning. Definatley not for anyone with sensitive skin.

August 09, 2014

Tricky product. Hard to apply, don't do a thick layer, and let it dry before applying the foundation on top!

June 16, 2014

This Revlon product disappointed me, usually being a fan of Revlon products I like , however this product failed to meet my expectations. It not only did nothing I found, but the primer was too thicky, cakey-like feeling and could not smoothly apply any other makeup on top. Disappointed :(

March 24, 2014

I've been using Revlon PhotoReady Primer for a couple of weeks now. I started using a primer because I've been noticing some redness around my nose and wanted to balance out my complexion. I have used Revlon's PhotoReady Foundation and liked it quite a lot, so I decided to try the Primer, too. It is pretty costly for a drugstore brand, but you get a lot of product...I could never use the entire bottle in three month's time. I do find that it works quite well to balance out the colour of my complexion...the red around my nose isn't noticeable when I wear it nor are my freckles. My problem with this primer is that it feels tacky to the touch...it's not the type of product that you can put on your face and forget about...you are constantly aware of it. So, if you do use it, use as little as possible and make sure you wear a good moisturizer underneath. This primer isn't something I'd use every day because I do find it too heavy for me, but it is good for those special occasions when you want to look your very best.

Updated On: March 24, 2014

Oh dear, forgot to add that this primer really helps your makeup to stay put...so the tackiness of it does come in handy! If you have an outing that will take an entire day, you'd be wise to use this primer under your makeup so that your face doesn't melt! :)

November 15, 2013

Revlon has a really good primer. It is the Photoready primer. Once again, I got a coupon for this item and bought it at Walmart for 12.99. The price reflects $2 dollar off coupon. It is a great product and I use it everyday under my make-up. It can be worn without makeup too just to get rid of redness or blemishes in your face/neck. I usually wait till this item goes on sale before I buy because it is a bit more than I want to pay for a primer, but all in all this product works great.