Sally Hansen Hair Remover Wax Strip Kit for Face, Brows, and Bikini Reviews

Ranked #274 out of 440 in Hair Removal

42 pre-waxed European salon formula strips make it easy to conveniently remove hair at home without the mess or a microwave.  Each box comes with a supply of azulene oil for a soothing post-wax treatment.  Results last up to 8 weeks and help reduce the appearance of regrowth.  Just press on and pull off for Face, Bikini, and Brows!

March 27, 2016

I was pretty disappointed in this product since it did not remove any hair. Also these strips seemed to stick to my face really well but were painful to take off with no result.

June 10, 2011

I have used several home waxing products and find the prepared strips are the most convenient. Completely mess and hassle free, and they do a comparable job to the ol' hot wax method.

You need to chafe the strips to warm up the wax, or you can lay them out in the sun if you're working near a window. If you don't warm up the strip, they are definitely not as effective. They come in duos that you peel apart and use both as quickly as possible after warming them (usually I put them both on right away to different areas). You can also reuse these strips several times in the same session - probably 4 or 5 uses per strip. You need to make sure you warm them thoroughly and press the wax sides together to remove any air bubbles. If you took off a lot of hair, you might not get as many uses.

Sally Hansen offers different sizes for leg, underarm, bikini and face areas, which I sort of pay attention to. I have never used these on my face, but have everywhere else. For some reason, I have very poor luck with underarms no matter what kind of wax I use, but legs and bikini are easier.

These strips have difficulty with really short hairs (true of most DIY waxing products), but otherwise are a solid product I'm happy to recommend.

January 20, 2010

Frida Kahlo, a world-renowned Mexican painter, was known for her vibrantly colored self-portraits that depicted her pain and suffering. She was also notorious for her unconventional appearance. The late artist proudly rocked flamboyant clothing and... a unibrow and mustache. Now, I'm not normally a fan of facial hair on women, but Frida worked it! You've gotta love the gal for being herself!

I don't have a lot of facial hair, but I do like to keep things in check by using tweezers and Sally Hansen's Hair Remover Wax Strip Kit. The kit is inexpensive and easy to use. You just warm the strips between your hands, peel them apart, stick 'em where you need 'em, and tear them off. Included in the box is a small container of azulene oil, which helps soothe freshly waxed skin and gets rid of any sticky residue left behind from the wax strip.

They really work! As you can see, in my before picture, I resemble an old Asian man/Captain Hook. In my after photograph, I resemble a freshly waxed old Asian man/Captain Hook. Ha ha!

Please let me know if you have any questions.

JeniferLee added a new review for
KM Photography

yellatac earned the Beauty Expert badge

keziahsarah added a new review for
Spectro Jel Cleanser earned the Beauty Guru badge