Schick Hydro Silk Razor Reviews

Ranked #7 out of 444 in Hair Removal

Schick Hydro Silk™ hydrates skin like no other razor can. This uniquely designed razor goes beyond an incredibly close shave to actually care for your skin. With Water-Activated Moisturizing Serum & 5 Curve-Sensing blades with skin guards to help protect skin from irritation, the Hydro Silk™ razor leaves skin feeling silky smooth! And it’s preferred over the leading 5 blade razor.

July 24, 2016

These are the only razors I buy! They're awesome! I can use them wet with no shave cream or with shave cream and they work wonderful either way. I never get razor burn, cuts or nicks with these.

July 24, 2016

The strip around the blade lasted- (sometimes they peel off or they're finished before the blade is finished.) I really like the grip. Close shave. I like having a couple around in case friends sleep over for long periods of time. Best to get these on sale for even further details (and score optimum points if you're a member of the Shoppers Drugmart discount.)

June 25, 2016

I actually don't know the price for this razor as I got it as part of a box full of other products. I liked the presentation but I am not that impressed with the quality, I expected it much better. It doesn't work that well but it's not bad either.

June 25, 2016

I think this brand is the very best quality of razor you can buy. If you use the woman's Schick hydro and you think it's good, you should try the men's version. It is amazing!! And lasts for over a month even using almost everyday.

June 20, 2016

I decided that I wanted to try a new razor so I bought this one based on what I saw on tv, and man was in disappointed. I found that you have to wait for the little moisture beads to get wet before the razor will glide over your skin. If you don't wait the it drags and it hurts. I will definitely go back to my old razor.

May 12, 2016

As a mom to a toddler, I find the allowances of having more than 5 minute shower to be slim! I love my Schick Intuition razor because I don't waste time having to put on cream or gel that constantly washes away. Plus I feel as though I need to moisturizer less when using this razor. I can quickly and easily shave my legs in under a minute which is key!

The only downfall would be that it doesn't clean out very easily and the soap on the razor gets wasted by running it under water to clean out the blade. With that being said though this razor is still my first option!

May 09, 2016

I usually use disposable razors , I find the refills for regular razors very expensive. I received this in my April #TopBox so was excited to try it .It has 5 curved blades which easily glided over my legs for a nice smooth , close shave. It has a water activated moisturizing serum so I didn't have to use any shaving cream or soap on my legs like I normally do. It left my skin feeling silky smooth and moisturized , no need for lotion afterwards. I think I see a change coming up, loved this razor.

April 28, 2016

I usually use Disposable Razors, so generally have to shave my legs ever 2-3 days and my underarms every day.

The first thing I noticed about the Schick Hydro Razor, was its sleek look – and the thickness of the handle!

I was a bit concerned that the handle would be too big, but it is actually pretty comfortable in my hands, especially on shaving day.

I am definitely noticing the difference between a 3-blade razor compared to this 5-blade razor. It cuts so close, that I am shaving a lot less, and my skin feels softer longer.

I have had a few small nicks, but that was during the first few shaves (learning curves).

I shaved on Sunday morning, and had a massage Wednesday afternoon. Normally I would definitely have to shave the typical ½ cm of hair growth from my legs after this length of time so I felt presentable, but I ran my fingers down my legs…and there wasn’t any hair to shave! That in itself provides me with a lot of benefits: less shaving, smoother legs for longer, I can forget my razor for the weekend and not worry that I will become a hairy beast!

I tested out the “Bikini” Shaving side on my Husband’s hair after he decided to trim his hair all the way down with his clippers and needed a clean-up. I was able to easily even out his hair so he looked like a super star! I was unable to test it out on myself, so feel this is suffice for the nether regions trimming test.

This is a neat feature for those who do have a bikini line to trim!

The blades are sleek, concise, and rinse easily with minimal water spray. It is quite nice that even the thickest hairs don’t get stuck in the Schick blade.

The blade also pops on and off without much hassle, and should last me quite a while.

I do like the fact that there is a “rest” for the razor, so I can lay it down after use and not have to fumble with a cover for the razor to keep it safe and off the porcelain surface of the bathtub.

Would I purchase refill blades and recommend this razor? Heck yes! It does everything it promises, and keeps my skin hair free for a much longer period of time than my old razors.

*** I received this product at no cost for my fair and fabulous review ***

April 01, 2016

Shaving is not something that I want to put a lot of thought into. But, it's necessary and something that I do every (other) day. Hydro Silk has five blades and a great handle (which actually matters for me since I'm clumsy and have slipped and cut myself more times than I'd like to admit).

Typically better price than competitors, and who wants to spend a fortune on razor refills every month.

Recommended!

December 17, 2015

Really good razor, although refills are a bit pricey. I do prefer this razor to Venus...I find it is a bit better at getting all the hairs and tends to stay a bit sharper for longer.