Sebastian Potion 9 Wearable Treatment Reviews

Ranked #1506 out of 2161 in Hair Care

Combining the care of nine active botanical ingredients with styling technology to form an advanced wearable treatment, Sebastian Potion 9 gives you maximum mixability and provides infinite possibilities. For more information, please visit http://www.sebastianprofessional.com.

May 24, 2014

Started using this when I moved to the Caribbean for work and discovered the water there had some serious mineral deposits - my hair would get "crunchy" after washing and air drying. Started working in Potion 9 into my wet hair right after the shower and when it dries, it was really soft and manageable. It also kept my fly aways under control and my hair felt well conditioned and healthy even after a day in the Caribbean sun. Love this!

July 11, 2012

Sebastian Potion 9 is an odd product which works well on curly, dry hair. It is basically a treatment and a styling product in one. It is an orange color, and has a scent reminiscent of oranges. It has an unusual texture, and is both light and slightly sticky. However, it leaves no sticky feeling or build-up on the hair.

I have dry, curly hair and love this product. Generally, I use it after shampooing on towel dried hair. I use a small amount, about the size of a silver dollar, and rub it between my palms. Then I apply it to my hair, focusing on the ends. Then I comb my hair to ensure it has been evenly distributed. I usually 'scrunch' my hair after applying to activate the curl and let it air dry. The product encourages natural curl and eliminates frizz. It does not dry 'crunchy' like gel or sticky like mousse. It also has a conditioning effect on the hair, and doesn't dry out my already dry hair. It works great on my hair. Love these products !!

August 26, 2011

I had been box dying my hair jet black for about a year before deciding to go platinum blonde; a process which generally takes anywhere from 6 months to 1 year, I did within 3 months. The damage to my hair is just beyond words. The entire top half of my hair is completely fried and broken, the bottom of my hair has thinned out to the point of looking ....sickly.

I have spent hundreds of dollars on products within the last few months, I am a guinea pig to every hair product out there claiming to repair damaged hair. I have a friend who is a hair dresser and she told me to pick up Potion 9 because I would not be disappointed.

I was skeptical for some reason, perhaps its because the packaging is so plain, there are no great promises written on the bottle, and the price....?! Eventually, I ended up with a little sample size of Potion 9 and used it and...LOVED IT!

I would have to say based on the price alone, this products is hands-down worth it. It is an orange creamsicle color, does not have a strong or distinct smell and its got a gel-like consistency. What I love most about Potion 9 is that your hair will only absorb what it needs, the excess will stay on your hands....so it's really hard to 'over-use' this product. I usually run it through my towl dried hair then blow dry it out. It leaves my hair feeling so silky soft to the touch (my hair was feeling like horse hair prior to this) and it is so manageable.

My hair type is fine, this ios not a heavy product which weighs it down or causes it to look greasy or oily after wearing for awhile.

I hope this review helps someone! :)

September 03, 2009

Wearable treatment? But aren't you supposed to rinse treatment out? Not this one! It's why I love this stuff. It smells like a dream and it's not thick and yucky like most curl creams. You just smooth all over your hair, diffuse and you got fab looking curls. Tip: I wash and blow-dry my hair at night and it usually looks good when I wake up...except this time. I'd suggest doing your hair right before you go out. Minor set-back: I've only found it in one size and the tube isn't that big.

jujusamples has started a new forum topic
Beauty Products

jujusamples has posted in the forum topic
Advent calender

KieliAnne has posted in the forum topic
SINGLE AT CHRISTMAS

KieliAnne added a new review for
Lysol Disinfecting Wipes

Khaleesi86 has posted in the forum topic
Gelaze

TiaQ added a new review for
Baby Cubes - 70 ml