Steinfeld's Wine Sauerkraut Reviews

Ranked #133 out of 142 in Condiment

Taste

June 15, 2015

This is a great brand of sour kraut , I make sour kraut perogies and they turn out really flavorful and awesome with this brand.

Taste

May 19, 2014

I have been using this brand of sauerkraut for years. I purchase the 2 L size from Costco for about $3.88. It used to be an excellent buy; not much liquid in the jar. But now, it is half sauerkraut half brine. It has been so popular that I feel that they can't keep up to the demand. Consequently the product is not as superior as it once was. I still use it and find that it is cheaper to buy the 2 L jar at Costco than the smaller sizes at the other grocery outlets. Last time I purchased a very small jar from Safeway I paid $5.89 for the smallest jar they had. I am hoping Steinfeld''s read this review and improve the quality of the product. I would rather pay a little (not a lot) more and have a quality product; than buy the product I am receiving now for less.

I use a lot of sauerkraut and really wish they would let it ferment more and also drain more of the brine off of it before it is canned. Would I recommend it? Yes and No. Price wise Yes! Quality wise No!

indykat has posted in the forum topic
Stitches

KieliAnne earned the Beauty Expert badge

KieliAnne earned the Elite Reviewer badge

TessaO added a new review for
Oball - Grip & Play