The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream Reviews

Ranked #566 out of 1144 in Facial Lotions & Creams

An easily absorbed, non-clogging, oil-free, hydrating moisture cream. Leaves the skin feeling fresh, clean, soft and supple with a shine-free, matte complexion...

March 16, 2016

This is for oily/combination skin. Been using it for 3wks and it is amazing. Its light on my skin and still moisturizes while keeping my t-zone matte.
    P.s. another reason to love this product, its not tested on animals! Yay.

January 13, 2016

I didn't think I would like this because of the seaweed but so actually love the smell. It is a great face moisturizer. Doesn't feel oily or too heavy on the face.

January 13, 2016

This is a great light moisturizer for day time. It doesn't feel oily and absorbs very quickly.

December 10, 2015

In general, I love the Body Shop products. This is my new favourite day cream and I will probably stick with it for a very long time. It absorbs into the skin with no oiliness left behind. Seaweed is packed with vitamins and minerals that are also great for your skin. It's plant based so, vegetarian, not tested on animals and the seaweed is a community fair trade ingredient.

October 11, 2015

I LOVE this stuff! The best product for mattifying and eliminating oil on my skin. Goes on super smooth and doesn't just sit on my skin, it absorbs super quick. The price is amazing for how long it lasts. A little goes a long way with this cream. It's like a gel/cream consistency.

July 18, 2014

My favorite thing about this product is its gel like consistency. It feels very light on your skin and absorbs quickly. It leaves the skin looking matte, but I also use Body Shops Tea Tree Oil Mattfiying Primer on top of it and my skins remains matte for almost all day. I bought the small travel size container and am definitely going to purchase the bigger one.

June 19, 2014

Really good product, I tried it once but went back to the Aloe as I found this was a little too light for my needs. I definitely would recommend it though for people who need a light non oily day cream!

May 08, 2014

The Body Shop Mattifying Seaweed Day Cream is THE resolution for people who are allergic to most day creams.
    The cream doesn't irritate your skin and makes you skin feel really soft and flexible.

The cream is really easy to apply, you simply can't put on too much because your skin won't become sticky.

January 06, 2014

Because I have combination oily skin, I always gravitate towards products that is labelled as 'mattifying'. I had a 50% off coupon to use on any Body Shop product and I decided to pick up this one. It is on the pricier end but there are always sales happening and coupons and coupon codes available on-line to take advantage of.

PROS
    (1) TEXTURE: This day cream has a silky gel-like texture that reminds me of the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing gel which I really love. Because it's formulation is on the thinner side, when applied to the face it's like splashing your skin with water - it's so refreshing. This is ideal as a daytime moisturizer because it's very light and perfect to use under make-up.

(2) HYDRATION: This cream delivers on that promise. It's hydrating and moisturizing without it feeling greasy. This is great for the summer months when you need to moisturize but don't want additional oil on your face.

(3) OIL CONTROL: This is why I purchased this day cream in the first place - for it's mattifying effect. It dries matte but it doesn't make your skin feel dry. It really helps with oil control. With this, I found my makeup lasted longer and I did not need to use blotting paper as much. My face did eventually get shiny but that was at the end of the day, hours after applying it.

CONS
    (1)PACKAGING: As with most Body Shop items, this came in a tub. I would much rather prefer if it came in a bottle with a pump. I really don't enjoy dipping my finger in there every time due to sanitary reasons. I use a Q-tip to get the product out but it would be so much easier if it had a pump. I do like that there is a plastic cover to prevent spills.

(2) NO SPF. For a day time moisturizer, I would expect it to have some SPF but unfortunately this one doesn't. I still need to apply sunscreen.

(3) THE SMELL. I personally like the smell - it's light and a little citrusy but for those who are sensitive to fragrance, this might not be an ideal moisturizer.

VERDICT: A Buy! Would repurchase again.

August 30, 2013

This is my favorite summer-time, facial moisturizer. It's light enough to keep my oily t-zone and chin at bay but is rich enough to soften my drier skin.

smontero84 earned the Wellness Guru badge