VH Indian Butter Chicken Cooking Sauce Reviews

Ranked #79 out of 104 in Pasta & Pasta Sauces

January 17, 2017

I received a sample packet of this. I am not a huge fan of butter chicken so I wasn't expecting much. It actually was pretty good. It's a mild flavor, easing to prepare, basically dump it in the chicken. My husband really enjoyed it, so I may buy again. It serves about 2 servings, if you want it well coated.

0.5/5

January 04, 2017

This is the grossest thing I ever ate in my life. It's composed of tomato and sugar taste like an Indian infused ketchup. Somethings just can't be replicated that requires scratch cooking. Those of you who give it five stars must of had their taste buds removed at birth.

September 22, 2016

This cooking sauce is the easiest and best tasting way that I have found to make butter chicken at home. It is very simple to use, and also lends itself well to other dishes. Whenever I make butter chicken with the VH Indian Butter Chicken Cooking Sauce, it is a bit hit. Everyone thinks it tastes great, and it really is a cheap alternative to ordering out.

September 09, 2016

I love Indian food of all types, but making it at home from scratch takes a lot of time and a lot of expensive spices. The VH butter chicken sauce tastes just like what you get from a restaurant, but nothing will ever be as good as what "daadee" makes. It couldn't be easier to cook - you literally just throw it in the saucepan with your chicken or whatever. I like to add a bit of diced onion and a bit of butter. This is on my list every time I go to the grocery store!

June 15, 2016

I was given this to sample, which was a good thing because it's just not something I would have ever thought of buying. To my surprise it was very good! It has a nice buttery flavour, not too strong. The sauce is a nice thick sauce. The directions are fool proof, very easy to follow and make. I will probably pick this up again, with a coupon because it is pretty expensive.

May 30, 2016

I also got this as a sample and I loved it. Although I am a fan of butter chicken. I found it easy to follow instructions and I intend to but this in the future

May 30, 2016

As many others did, i got this one as a sample and proceeded to use it pretty well right away. It so came in handy and it made up a great stir fry with my chicken and veggies.

May 29, 2016

VH Sauces we've tried in the past are usually really tasty. We got a sample of the VH Butter Chicken sauce pouch for 2 and thought we'd give it a whirl. We tried to make it once from scratch, but not having had the real thing didn't have anything to compare to except whether we liked it or not. So we have an idea what this should taste like. Not bad, but not flavourful. I think if it was kicked up a notch it would be great. Worth a try for a simple dish to add to your repertoire. Easy peasy, cook chicken add sauce and cook for about 5 more minutes.

May 17, 2016

We received a sample of this and I made it tonight...it was OK. I actually added a bit of water to it because it was SO incredibly thick, even after everything was mixed in. My boyfriend described it as 'food court butter chicken' meaning it's decent, but far from gourmet and authentic. I know of a few other brands of sauce which are a lot better if we aren't going to buy it from a restaurant.

April 23, 2016

This is a lovely butter chicken cooking sauce. All I had to do was pour it over my chicken after it was cooked and the taste was absolutely beautiful.