Wheat Belly is a provocative look at how eliminating wheat?even so-called healthy whole grain wheat?from our diets is the key to permanent weight loss and can offer relief from a broad spectrum of health and digestive problems.
Drawing on decades of clinical studies and the extraordinary results he has observed after putting thousands of his patients on wheat-free regimens, Dr. William Davis makes a compelling case against this ubiquitous ingredient. A wheat-free diet has been associated with significant benefits, including the following:
* Weight loss of twenty, thirty, even fifty pounds in the first few months
* Alleviation of metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes
* Recovery from intestinal woes, like ulcerative colitis and celiac disease
* Marked improvement in overall cholesterol and LDL counts
* Improvement in bone density and reversal of osteoporosis
* Cessation of skin conditions from psoriasis to oral ulcers and hair loss
* Reduction of inflammation and rheumatoid arthritis pain
Readable, thought-provoking and carefully researched, Wheat Belly offers a new and vitally important perspective on the most critical health concerns of our time.
Someone gave me this book because they suffered from the same terrible symptoms I have been for a long time. They cut out wheat from their diet and their life changed. I appreciated the message the book offers: wheat has changed over time and due to chemicals and processing, our bodies can not handle it. Now, this book takes things to the extreme, where they don't even recommend using gluten free products. Since reading this, I was diagnosed with having a gluten sensitivity, so have cut it out of my diet. I eat some gluten free foods, however, many I find not pleasantly appetising.
This is a good reference book if you're looking for a new healthy approach to eating.
These reviews are the subjective opinions of ChickAdvisor members and not of ChickAdvisor Inc.