AVEENO Ultra-Calming Hydrating Gel Cleanser Reviews

The AVEENO® ULTRA-CALMING® Hydrating Gel Cleanser's soap-free multi-action formula gently cleanses and hydrates. It removes dirt, oil, pollutants, and make-up without disrupting the skin’s moisture barrier. With ACTIVE NATURALS® Feverfew, a natural ingredient related to Chamomile, and ACTIVE NATURALS® Oat, this cleanser leaves your sensitive skin feeling soothed and healthy-looking.

You may also like AVEENO® ULTRA-CALMING® Daily Moisturizer with SPF 30.

La formule multi-actions sans savon du gel nettoyant hydrant d'AVEENOMD ULTRA-CALMINGMD, nettoie la peau en douceur tout en l’hydratant. Elle élimine les impuretés, le sébum, les polluants et le maquillage sans perturber la barrière d’hydratation naturelle de la peau. À base de grande camomille ACTIVE NATURALSMD, un ingrédient naturel de la famille de la camomille, et d’avoine ACTIVE NATURALSMD, ce nettoyant laisse sur la peau sensible une sensation apaisante et lui confère une apparence saine.

ChickAdvisor Reviewers' Choice Award™ 2018

April 12, 2018

Another Amazing Aveeno Product!

I was selected to try the AVEENO ULTRA-CALMING HYDRATING GEL CLEANSER from ChickAdvisor for free in exchange for my honest thoughts and opinions and it exceeded my expectations! Aveeno is a brand that I have always heard/known about, but only recently started trying thanks to ChickAdvisor. I have no idea why I didn't hop on the Aveeno train sooner... they rock!

A cleanser is something that I have a love/hate relationship with. I love what they can do FOR my skin, but hate what most actually DO to my skin. Most of them cause me to dry out and leave me red and irritated. The ultra-calming cleanser from Aveeno combines feverfew (related to the calming plant chamomile) with oat. I have made my own skin masks in the past and almost always use oats in my concoctions! I always remember oats being a soothing agent from way back in the day when I had chicken pox and my mom ran me a hot bath with oats!

The bottle is a nice size and is easy to dispense, be careful though because I found a lot came out at a time and only a small amount of this product is actually needed for your whole face! A little bit goes a long way. The gel lathers super easy and spreads easily across the face. Most products that claim fragrance-free on the label usually still produce a tiny scent, but this one is truly fragrance free which is great for those with sensitive skin. Wet face, squeeze cleanser, lather, rinse and dry. Easy peasy. The product left no residue and my skin was super soft and smooth. I used this product first thing in the morning and then again after washing off my makeup at night before bed. My skin after even just one use looked so much better. There was zero redness or irritation and my boyfriend even commented on how amazing my skin looked! The product is definitely gentle and did not give me any irritation.

Overall this product is an AMAZING choice for those with sensitive skin! It helped combat my redness and gave me a great face cleanse with no irritation. I did not find the product to be overly moisturizing however and if I had to choose between this product being moisturizing or drying, I would almost say the latter. I noticed a few more dry spots then usual but it could also be attributed to the changing of the seasons. I found the product for around $10 at my local grocery store and would absolutely pay that for a cleanser that does not irritate my skin and takes all my redness away! I will recommend this to family and friends with sensitive skin! :)

Gentle cleanse

This gel cleanser is everything I wanted in a cleanser.It's easy to use, gentle and doesn't leave the skin sticky or oily.My face felt softer, look smoother, hydrated and even toned with every use.

New Brunswick, Canada

Found the perfect cleanser!

I received this product for free (along with the matching lotion!) and I was pleasantly surprised to find my new go-to product! This stuff is seriously amazing. It is a fairly thick gel (so only a small amount is needed) and it cleans even the toughest makeup off my face the first time around.

It is also unscented and (being the klutz that I am) I greatly appreciate that it doesn't sting my eyes when I accidentally get some in there while washing my face. It leaves my skin feeling clean without the harsh alcohol burn that I find is in a lot of make up removing products.

I did notice in the morning that my face looked at lot better and, as this product is so gentle, I did notice that my face looked less rough at night after taking my makeup off because I wasn't having to scrub my face.

April 12, 2018

A good gel cleanser with no frills

This made my skin feel nice and clean. It has no scent and caused no irritation. If you have dry skin I would be wary, it’s a bit drying as all gel cleansers usually are. It’s a very thick gel cleanser and it’s super satisfying to rub it on your face! I think if you’re worried about harsh ingredients or scents this is a good option for s gel cleanser

Pretty good

I received this cleanser free for testing purposes. The cleanser has an easy to use squeeze tube with the lid located on the bottom so the gel comes out easier. It doesn’t really have a scent to it and lathered really well. You only need to use a small amount and your entire face is coated in a rich soapy foam. It washes out well and leaves your face feeling soft and clean. It’s a bit drying on my skin but using moisturizer afterward helped with that. Overall it’s a good cleanser with a fair price.

great cleanser

I really liked this cleanser, I find sometimes cleansers can be a hit or a miss. This one didn't dry out my skin after using, and left my skin feeling soft and clean.

April 11, 2018

Got it free.. Try before you buy

I use this in combination with the Aveeno Ultra calming sensitive skin daily moisturizer with SPF 30. I loved how it made my skin feel and in combination with the lotion my dry spots went away and the redness was toned down. The one thing I did not like about it was I found it didn't remove my eye makeup very well. I always had eyeliner and mascara left. I don't use waterproof eye makeup. Other them that I would recommend this and the lotion.

Saskatchewan, Canada

Fave cleanser

I really enjoy this product . I use it twice a day and it leaves my skin feeling cleaned without any of that annoying residue feeling some cleansers can leave after washing. I will for sure continue to use this cleanser.

April 11, 2018

A simple, light, low cost cleanser

I’ve gone through countless brands and types of cleaners to find one I like. I’ve discarded nearly full bottles of cleansers. Aveeno Ultra Calming hydrating gel cleanser is one of the best I’ve found.

There is virtually no scent and no dyes, which is key for me. The products on my face are typically carefully selected to be the least likely to aggravate my skin. It lathers nicely and washes off cleanly.

At this price point, I have yet to see a better choice.

April 11, 2018

The most effective cleanser for sensitive skin

I received this package from Chickadvisor several days after my baby is born and I am eager to try coz the arrival of a newborn totally messes up my cleansing routine. I always thought that gentle cleanser is not effective in removing grease but I am pleasantly surprised by this. It cleanses so well without drying out your skin nor causing any redness. It is also fragrance free. I would definitely purchase this again.