4.1/5
Bio-Oil Reviews
#2 in Body Oil

Bio-Oil is the #1 selling scar and stretch mark product in Canada*:
*according to Bio-Oil

• Use for scars (acne or surgical, cuts or scraps) and stretch marks (due to weight loss/gain, growth spurts)
  • Also used for uneven skin tone (dark spots/sun damage), aging (aging spots) and dehydrated skin; as well as nail and cuticle care, hair care, and after sun and burn care

• A light 'dry oil' that is non greasy and rapidly absorbed
  • Contains a combination of vitamins (A and E) and natural plant oils (Lavender, Calendula, Chamomile, and Rosemary).
  • Contains Purcellin OilTM  which reduces the thickness of the formula and ensure ingredients go where most needed.

• Safe for pregnant women before, during, and after pregnancy for scars and stretch marks
  • Suitable for all skin types including sensitive skin
  • Hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic, and non-acnegenic

For more information visit www.bio-oil.com
    ChickAdvisor Reviewers' Choice Award™ 2019

January 22, 2013

great product . dont put all over your face cause it does gets too oily. it helps with my scars .

January 16, 2013

This is a great product. It worked well on getting rid of some minor scars I received from being rough this summer on my body. I do not use it all over my body though so I can not speak to its ability for moisturizing dry areas. It is indeed hard to remember to reapply it as often as it says though.

December 05, 2012

i'm not sure if it actually works for stretch marks - i use it as a moisturizer and it's awesome! slightly warms up when i massage it into the skin, which is an added bonus. the smell is a little strong and perfumey and i could do without it, but i'll put up with it until i find a moisturizer that i like as much!

3.2/5

August 15, 2012

This is a nice moisturizer that feels like it goes deep into the skin.

August 15, 2012

I have to say I was intrigued and wanted to try this product and one day I did.

This product is great for dimishing new scars but has a hard time with old ones, I am thinking because they are so deep in the skin after many years of sitting there.

I know a lot of women that have stretch marks from pregnancy that this works wonders on.

So I would recommend for new scars and strech marks but not recommend for older scars. It is also hard to remember to apply it twice a day everyday.

I am also trying it on my fine lines to see if it will work, still hoping that will work!!!

June 05, 2012

I have mixed reviews on this product. first of all, its kind of hard to rememeber to apply it to the area twice a day for 3 months like it recomends. It worked for me on my scars from my new surgery, however i did not see any results on a scar from a surgery that i had years ago. From what i experienced, it works on new marks but not older marks. for the new ones i recomend this product for sure, but not to get rid of old scars.

June 01, 2012

With this being my first pregnancy I am uncertain about it's effectiveness - however I am enjoying this product. It absorbs really well, little bit goes long way.
    Having heard from other women how wonderful this product is.
    By no means is it a miracle in a bottle! If stretch marks are in your future, there is no way to avoid them. However this awesome oil takes care of the moisture in your skin and minimizes the appearance.

May 29, 2012

Amazing product.I used it to replace a more exspensive anti strech mark cream, with my second pregnancy. Wow results are amazing not one strech mark on my stomack and this is the second pregnancy Im talking about so this stuff really works and it works great.

2.8/5

May 28, 2012

I have been using this product since after I had my first child, hoping it would get rid of some of the stretch marks I had gotten. It hadn't reduced the redness that I had from my current marks but once I was pregnant with my second child I used it through out my pregnancy and I didn't get any new marks. It helps to stop them but if you already have them its quite hard to get rid of.

May 14, 2012

I bought this product when I was pregnant with my second child. My stretch marks from my first child were just finally starting to clear up when I got pregnant. The second time around my stomach stretched so much quicker and was constantly itchy which in turn aggrevated my ever-growing marks. I started using the product and it really helped to sooth the itchy skin. I still gained more stretch marks and it seems to be working slowly but it is also hard to say as time has also worked on my stretch marks. The product feels greasy when you first put it on but dries up quick, I would apply the product long before you plan to get dressed or use it at night (which is when I would apply it). My husband and I also found another use for it - it works AMAZINGLY on really dry and tough skin, i.e. feet!! My feet are always cracking in the heels and it really helps to get that extra moisutre there....:)