4.1/5
Bio-Oil Reviews
#2 in Body Oil

Bio-Oil is the #1 selling scar and stretch mark product in Canada*:
*according to Bio-Oil

• Use for scars (acne or surgical, cuts or scraps) and stretch marks (due to weight loss/gain, growth spurts)
  • Also used for uneven skin tone (dark spots/sun damage), aging (aging spots) and dehydrated skin; as well as nail and cuticle care, hair care, and after sun and burn care

• A light 'dry oil' that is non greasy and rapidly absorbed
  • Contains a combination of vitamins (A and E) and natural plant oils (Lavender, Calendula, Chamomile, and Rosemary).
  • Contains Purcellin OilTM  which reduces the thickness of the formula and ensure ingredients go where most needed.

• Safe for pregnant women before, during, and after pregnancy for scars and stretch marks
  • Suitable for all skin types including sensitive skin
  • Hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic, and non-acnegenic

For more information visit www.bio-oil.com
    ChickAdvisor Reviewers' Choice Award™ 2019

July 10, 2013

Worth the money for this product! I went through 3 bottles when I was pregnant and not a single stretch mark to be seen. It's a bit oily (bio OIL), but it absorbs nicely into the skin. I don't care for the smell much, but the effectiveness outweighs any negatives! You can purchase at Costco for cheaper.

2.7/5

July 08, 2013

I tried using BioOil on my stretch marks. I didn't notice a difference, and I really didn't like the smell, but my husband did compliment me on how soft my skin was - so I guess that's good.

I haven't used any other stretch mark products, so unfortunately I don't have a basis for comparison, and although I wouldn't recommend this product to a friend, I would probably try it again when I get pregnant.

2.2/5

June 21, 2013

I have been using this for the minimum recommended amounts and duration and have yet to see any results on my stretch marks. I will continue to use until the bottle is gone and will review again if I notice any changes at all.

April 20, 2013

It seems to have helped my stretch marks but it is rather expensive for such a little bottle.

January 22, 2013

great product . dont put all over your face cause it does gets too oily. it helps with my scars .

January 16, 2013

This is a great product. It worked well on getting rid of some minor scars I received from being rough this summer on my body. I do not use it all over my body though so I can not speak to its ability for moisturizing dry areas. It is indeed hard to remember to reapply it as often as it says though.

December 05, 2012

i'm not sure if it actually works for stretch marks - i use it as a moisturizer and it's awesome! slightly warms up when i massage it into the skin, which is an added bonus. the smell is a little strong and perfumey and i could do without it, but i'll put up with it until i find a moisturizer that i like as much!

3.2/5

August 15, 2012

This is a nice moisturizer that feels like it goes deep into the skin.

August 15, 2012

I have to say I was intrigued and wanted to try this product and one day I did.

This product is great for dimishing new scars but has a hard time with old ones, I am thinking because they are so deep in the skin after many years of sitting there.

I know a lot of women that have stretch marks from pregnancy that this works wonders on.

So I would recommend for new scars and strech marks but not recommend for older scars. It is also hard to remember to apply it twice a day everyday.

I am also trying it on my fine lines to see if it will work, still hoping that will work!!!

June 05, 2012

I have mixed reviews on this product. first of all, its kind of hard to rememeber to apply it to the area twice a day for 3 months like it recomends. It worked for me on my scars from my new surgery, however i did not see any results on a scar from a surgery that i had years ago. From what i experienced, it works on new marks but not older marks. for the new ones i recomend this product for sure, but not to get rid of old scars.