4.1/5
Bio-Oil Reviews
#2 in Body Oil

Bio-Oil is the #1 selling scar and stretch mark product in Canada*:
*according to Bio-Oil

• Use for scars (acne or surgical, cuts or scraps) and stretch marks (due to weight loss/gain, growth spurts)
  • Also used for uneven skin tone (dark spots/sun damage), aging (aging spots) and dehydrated skin; as well as nail and cuticle care, hair care, and after sun and burn care

• A light 'dry oil' that is non greasy and rapidly absorbed
  • Contains a combination of vitamins (A and E) and natural plant oils (Lavender, Calendula, Chamomile, and Rosemary).
  • Contains Purcellin OilTM  which reduces the thickness of the formula and ensure ingredients go where most needed.

• Safe for pregnant women before, during, and after pregnancy for scars and stretch marks
  • Suitable for all skin types including sensitive skin
  • Hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic, and non-acnegenic

For more information visit www.bio-oil.com

2.7/5

June 24, 2019

Not sure if it actually works

I bought bio-oil to help with my stretch mark. I've been using it religiously for over a year, and I haven't seen any difference. I'm not sure if I would repurchase again as this is not a cheap product

March 29, 2019

Used primarily for acne scars.

I was recommended this product to help fade and clear up my acne scars. I don't feel like you get much results unless you use it for a very long time. For that, I can't give it too high a rating. It is also pricey, which prevents my from wanting to try again considering how much you need to use to see results. I would recommend it to others, as everyone's skin is different, but I don't find it worked well enough for me as other products.

September 30, 2018

Can be too oily for some

I hear many people use it and rave about it, but for me, I find it a bit too oily. I had used it before for uneven skin tone, from my acne marks. Though I do find that it works, it also is quite oily even when I had only applied a little. So I only use it before bed.

September 25, 2018

Average Product

I used this product on my stretch marks. I wasn't expecting them to fully go away but I was hoping for better results than what I received. It did improve in the slightest so if you aren't looking for a big improvement, give this a try.

September 20, 2018

too bad about this product....

I have used bio oil in the past for a stubborn scar and it does seem to help. It is very luxurious and does make your skin feel special. Unfortunately, this product does not carry the bunny sign that makes it cruelty free. After checking with companies that know, this product IS tested on animals. What makes it more disappointing is that on bio oil website it states it doesn't test. I don't support companies that lie to me. if you are cruelty free you would use that as part of your marketing as it is very important nowadays.
    on top of that, some of the ingredients are petroleum based, which is well known to harm your skin and is also toxic. Better products that don't test on animals and with less side effects are available.

2.8/5

August 09, 2017

Not what I expected

I find that this product is good for those who have really dry skin or stretch marks but it doesn't do much for evening out my skin tone & I've given it quite some time to work (more than 4 months).

June 14, 2017

Gives me pimples

Not sure if this product really works as every time I try to use it, it gives me pimples . I think it's just to oily... I'm currtley trying the product again too see if I have the same results. On the pkg it recommends to rub in completely but that is pretty hard and takes awhile.

2.7/5

May 10, 2017

I've used this product according to directions for way longer than recommended and noticed no difference. I have since found other products that work well for the intended purpose of Bio oil. I disliked the greasy feel that was very hard to get rid of after applying.

2.8/5

May 10, 2017

Does not do anything it claims. I used this oil through out my pregrancy and no results. However it very moisturizing without no greasy feeling . And a little goes along away

April 20, 2017

This is very good. The oil makes me feel good about what I am applying on my body. It has not really faded my scars, but it feels nice. The problem is that they put cheap oils in this product and they are not cold pressed.