4.1/5
Bio-Oil Reviews
#2 in Body Oil

Bio-Oil is the #1 selling scar and stretch mark product in Canada*:
*according to Bio-Oil

• Use for scars (acne or surgical, cuts or scraps) and stretch marks (due to weight loss/gain, growth spurts)
  • Also used for uneven skin tone (dark spots/sun damage), aging (aging spots) and dehydrated skin; as well as nail and cuticle care, hair care, and after sun and burn care

• A light 'dry oil' that is non greasy and rapidly absorbed
  • Contains a combination of vitamins (A and E) and natural plant oils (Lavender, Calendula, Chamomile, and Rosemary).
  • Contains Purcellin OilTM  which reduces the thickness of the formula and ensure ingredients go where most needed.

• Safe for pregnant women before, during, and after pregnancy for scars and stretch marks
  • Suitable for all skin types including sensitive skin
  • Hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic, and non-acnegenic

For more information visit www.bio-oil.com
    ChickAdvisor Reviewers' Choice Award™ 2019

June 11, 2020

Great for scars

I tried to use this oil for stretch marks and scars but it didn’t do anything on my stretch marks but it improved my scars a bit. It smells amazing and you don’t have to use a lot. I now use it like a massage oil cause it smells amazing.

May 03, 2020

I would consider purchasing again

I do like bio- oil alot as I use it on scars, stretch Mark's etc. The only concern I have is that I find it doesnt absorb fast enough to not get wiped off by my clothes and if it does happen to escape being wiped off, as someone who sweats and find this product greasy to some degree, I'd say it's not a favourite as not cost efficient but would consider purchasing again.

March 31, 2020

1 of my favorite products to use on my face after a breakout

After being attacked in 2009 and having to deal with a 10inch scar on my throat this has been my go to! This product is also great on my face after bad break outs due to anxiety and stress. I recommend this to anyone dealing with scars or dry skin.

October 29, 2019
    Derby, United Kingdom

I would buy this again!

Lovely oil that makes your skin feel luscious. I use it as a bath oil for that extra bit of luxury. Not sure if it has completely helped all of my scars as of yet but time will tell and it definitely helps my dry skin.

October 02, 2019

Pricey but good

Bio-oil is not cheap, but it seems t really help with skin issues and scars. I use it also on dry areas and on my hair. Costco sells a double pack for a decent price.

July 26, 2019

It’s okay, nothing to write home about.

I have been using Bio-oil to help correct skin damage from too much sun exposure. I however, have not noticed anything different about the skin on my face and I have been using it for a year. I am honestly not sure if it works or not, I will have to take 6 months off and get back on here to let you know if there has been any difference without it.

July 17, 2019

beauifully formulated

Bio-Oil has been used for years for getting rid of those pesky pregnancy scars, acne scars/ other body scars. It has been proven to reduce the appearance of scars after 3 months. I've been using it for about 3 years and I do see a difference but I often forget to apply it, so I will definitely need to use it consistently for 3 months straight massaging it for at least 15-20 minutes to see optimal results, and I urge people who aren't seeing results to follow that regime as well.

March 24, 2019

Give it a try.

I used Bio-Oil in the past for acne scars (PIH) and it didn't really make much of a difference. I would suggest that you give it a try, as other people have stated that they've gotten amazing results. Good luck.

3.2/5

March 17, 2019

Effective

I've always struggled with skin discolouration. I've used this product for about 3 months and definitely see a difference. A little pricy for a drug store product but much cheaper and effective than the other high end skin care products.

February 28, 2019

Helps prevent wrinkles

This oil has kept me looking younger than some of my peers. It helps prevent wrinkles around the eyes. It's also good for smoothing and healing scars.