4.1/5
Bio-Oil Reviews
#2 in Body Oil

Bio-Oil is the #1 selling scar and stretch mark product in Canada*:
*according to Bio-Oil

• Use for scars (acne or surgical, cuts or scraps) and stretch marks (due to weight loss/gain, growth spurts)
  • Also used for uneven skin tone (dark spots/sun damage), aging (aging spots) and dehydrated skin; as well as nail and cuticle care, hair care, and after sun and burn care

• A light 'dry oil' that is non greasy and rapidly absorbed
  • Contains a combination of vitamins (A and E) and natural plant oils (Lavender, Calendula, Chamomile, and Rosemary).
  • Contains Purcellin OilTM  which reduces the thickness of the formula and ensure ingredients go where most needed.

• Safe for pregnant women before, during, and after pregnancy for scars and stretch marks
  • Suitable for all skin types including sensitive skin
  • Hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic, and non-acnegenic

For more information visit www.bio-oil.com
    ChickAdvisor Reviewers' Choice Award™ 2019

September 08, 2008

Six months I ago I accidentally knocked down a pot of boiling water in my kitchen and scaled my hand. Initially, I have heard that Bio-Oil is good for stretch marks and later learned that it also works on scars and wrinkles. Since the accident left a really large and unsightly scar on my right hand, I got myself a bottle. I also did some research to find if the product really works. I found this site ( www.bio-oil-review.com ) and learned that the person hosting the site is testing the product and giving her feedback once a month. When I looked at the before and after photos, I was pleasantly surprised. Go to www.bio-oil-review.com and see for yourself. I've been using it for three days now and it gives me hope that my scar will eventually fade. So far I haven't seen any changes but it does keep my hands soft and moist all day long. I agree with the previous posts - you must discipline yourself and apply the oil twice a day for a minimum of three months to see some results. I hope I can see mine really soon.

3.2/5

September 01, 2008

Overall, I am pleased with this product but at $18.99 I expected it to do a little more than what it did. Don't get me wrong I did see results as far as lightening ans smoothing scars and marks but for $20 I expected them to be gone!! I did not do any research on the clinical trials until after I'd already purchased and used quite a bit if the product. I was a tad discouraged to find out that the clinical trials were done on Caucasian women and no women of color. Of course, I knew that there results would not be my results. This can be used as a bath oil, I even used it in my face and it disn't clog my pores, imagine that... an oil that didn't clog pores!! I am very pleased with this purchased, just not to excited about the price. I would recommend it, but doubt that I'll be buying it any time in the near future.

August 12, 2008

I love that this bottle has multiple uses.
    For the most part, I bought it to even out my skin tone (redness, and pigmentation), and to help with newer acne scars. You need to use this twice a day, for a minimum of 3 months to really start seeing proper results. And so, just like the other reviewer said, it is really a discipline thing. You need to massage it according to some of the instructions found in the pamphalet, and remember to be gentle.

I personally didn't see much in the redness and pigmentation category, but it did help to visually decrease the scars.

A 60ml bottle was 13.99 when I bought it at SDM, but you can frequently find it on sale for about $10.

August 12, 2008

I was surprised that bio-oil works. It was recommended by a friend (whose doctor had recommended). It definitely reduces the appearance of fine lines and spots. Note that you do need to use it twice daily. You use such a small amount each time, it is a discipline issue, not economic.