4.1/5
CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser Reviews

CeraVe hydrating cleanser is a vital part of a daily skin care routine. It gently removes dirt, oil, and makeup without disrupting the skin's natural protective barrier. It patented MVE formulation helps essential ingredients penetrate deep into the skin to hydrate and nourish.

October 17, 2017

Love this cleanser!

This is my favourite cleanser! It is light but does its job. It leaves my face feeling clean and refreshed and it does not aggravate my rosacea. It also does a good job of moisturizing my face.

October 16, 2017

skin feels great after use

I would definitely buy this again. I use this as my morning cleanser, my skin feels nice and hydrated when I use it. It is a big bottle for a great price. It doesn't foam, but still gets my skin very clean.

August 31, 2017

Great for my sensitive dry skin

I just got this product because a friend of mine recommended it when I told her that I was breaking out. I love it! It's gentle enough to use to remove my full face of makeup, including eyes. She said that it really helped clear her skin up without drying it out. I look forward to seeing my results!

July 05, 2017

Staple in my routine!

Go to facial cleanser! Amazing for skin prone to dryness as well as normal/combination skin. Very gentle and effective, though not the best at removing heavy makeup so I would suggest that this cleanser be used in conjunction with a good makeup remover.

June 04, 2017

My complexion has finally cleared up! I've ditched the crap and have devoted myself to CeraVe, and my skin loves me for it. Less oily, less dry flakes, less acne.

May 18, 2017

I have very acne prone skin so about 2 years ago I went on Accutane to help treat it. Accutane worked magic on my acne but it did leave me with very dry skin. My dermatologist recommended CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser, which I had never heard of the brand before so I wasn't sure about it at first but after using up the whole mini sample she had given me, I was hooked. This cleanser really pulls all the dirty off your face but it isn't harsh on your skin at all and after you pat your face with a towel it feels moisturized. This cleanser combined with daily exfoliation, is my holy grail for maintaining a moisturized acne free face.

2.7/5

April 01, 2017

I have sensitive skin that is prone to eczema, so I need a cleanser that is not irritating. I usually love the Cerave moisturizers, as they are the best value and replenish the moisture on my face effectively. However, this cleanser did not perform to my standards. It doesn't really cleanse my face as well as I would have liked. However, this did not irritate me.

March 26, 2017

I have combination skin and I decided to try this because I've heard good things about it, but I don't think it works too well for combination skin.

It may be a matter of preference, but I really did not like the form this was in; it's like a cream. I don't really feel clean after I wash my face with this so I usually wash it around 2 times. It's unscented which I like, and it absolutely does not irritate my skin.

It feels nice and soft on my skin, but around my nose area, I feel like it does not clean the oil at all. It moisturizes but is not very effective at cleaning. It could be effective, but it doesn't feel that way on my skin.

The bottle lasts a very long time! It's like an oil free gel-like cream, so you actually need to use a bit more for your whole face, but it somehow lasted me a year even though I use it morning and night, which is very impressive. I probably will not buy this again because I don't think it's worth the price and it's nothing special. However, I think this would for very well for people with sensitive, dry skin because of how moisturizing it is.Probably not a good idea for oily/combination skin.

March 19, 2017

This cleanser is super gentle on the skin. I use it after I remove my makeup and it leaves my skin feeling fresh. I love how it does not irritate the skin and is gentle around the eyes.

1.7/5

March 06, 2017

I had used this product for about 5 months. At first, i really loved this cleanser. As time went on it started to burn my face. I found that kind of funny as it says "hydrating". I do have VERY sensitive dry skin, so maybe that's the cause? I stopped using this and started using Cetaphil, which seems to be more gentle on my skin. CeraVe might work so others, but it destroyed my skin for awhile there.