Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser Reviews

The Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser is removes surface oils, dirt and makeup without leaving skin feeling tight or overly dry. For normal to oily skin, this daily facial cleanser rinses clean without leaving any residue that is irritating!

The Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser is non-comedogenic and lets your pores breathe.

See their main website for more info at: www.cetaphil.com
    ChickAdvisor Reviewers' Choice Award™ 2020

July 12, 2017

Gentle, but not noteworthy

I tried a sample of this from my dermatologist's office to see if it was gentle enough for my skin when I was on acutane. To be honest, I found it to be extremely similar to the Spectro Gel I was using, which I found to be very similar to the generic store brand of the very same thing. So, case in point, if any cleanser claims to be gentle and fragrance free, then chances are it is just the same as any other. Nothing wrong with it, but it isn't spectacular enough to purchase it over another, similar brand.

2.8/5

February 17, 2017

Tout dépend des besoins que chacun à. Pour mon cas, lorsque j'avais beaucoup d'acné j'ai utilisé ce produit et je n'ai vue aucune différence. Pour nettoyer le visage en général, c'est un bon produit.

2.3/5

October 17, 2016

this cleanser is ok it stings on my chin area... the rest of my face it is ok. doesn't really clean well for me. i just use it as a hand soap now aha i wouldn't buy again

October 09, 2016

I received 2 big bottles of this last year from a studio audience gift. I used it and found it to be greasy and didn't wash my eye makeup off. It also had a slight acidic scent so I haven't used it since maybe because I have the wrong skin type. My son however, found it helped with his mild acne.

2.7/5

September 27, 2016

Je trouve le nettoyant doux pour la peau ,mais je ne l'aime pas vraiment. Je n'ai pas l'impression que ma peau est bien nettoyer avec seulement ce produit dans la douche.

2.2/5

September 23, 2016

I have a mixed rating for this one.

For me I found it didn't actually even wash my face. Way way too gentle.Definitely not for someone who wears makeup daily either. You would need something stronger to wash it off. It also felt too much just like face cream not a face wash. It is nice that it has no scent though.

I have sensitive skin but not that sensitive. I know Cetaphil is good quality but not for me.

August 16, 2016

I first tried using this product in 2013 upon the recommendation of my dermatologist. It is the original basic mild cleanser (vs. simple, spectro, etc.). If you're suffering from acne, I've read and heard from others that the continued use of a very simple and mild regime has many benefits and can clear your skin over time (ref: acne.org). Since I wear makeup, I find that this cleanser doesn't do enough for me. I don't expect it to remove makeup, but I do expect it to give me a clean and fresh face, which I don't find. It cleans away the dirt but nothing more. Thus, it's hard for me to see results. I also feel like the formula has changed recently compared to when I first used it in 2013. Nonetheless, since dermatologists recommend it, I'm sure that there must be long term results from daily use. The value is great, but the effectiveness, I'm not so sure about. I would still recommend it to those that don't wear makeup.

2.8/5

July 29, 2016

This is a good and gentle skin cleanser if you do not wear much makeup. I used it after I had a laser treatment but after when I was wearing makeup again, it didn't take off the mascara etc as well as I would like so I ended up giving to someone who doesn't wear makeup but is a daily outdoor runner with irritated skin who loved it.

June 06, 2016

I didn't like this product. It was very drying on my skin and left my skin super red. The smell is not too great either. I heard good things about it but it wasn't effective on me.

April 20, 2016

I like this cleanser as it does not irritate my skin, which is dry, reactive and hard to please.
    However, it's awful at cleaning off sunscreen and makeup. I don't wear foundation, only sunscreen, concealer and a little bit of blush. After cleansing twice I went over my eyes with an almond oil soaked cotton ball and yellow stuff (my sunscreen is tinted yellow) was still coming off.
    Cetaphil does keep my skin moist and calm. I guess I will have to find a way to get the sunscreen & such off first, but not with oil. After the almond oil and cotton ball, I washed again with cetaphil...and the almond oil was still on my skin. So conflicted :( I just bought a HUGE bottle of it, and I am worried that I will waste it.
    Still...I recommend it because it is non irritating and has improved the sensitivity of my skin as it does not compromise the lipid barrier of my skin...but then again I have developed itchy dry eyebrows...so I don't know if I will buy it again.