Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser Reviews

The Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser is removes surface oils, dirt and makeup without leaving skin feeling tight or overly dry. For normal to oily skin, this daily facial cleanser rinses clean without leaving any residue that is irritating!

The Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser is non-comedogenic and lets your pores breathe.

See their main website for more info at: www.cetaphil.com

December 27, 2019

Not a fan

I have tried so hard to like this over the years, but I just cannot seem to bring myself to like it. I dislike the smell, it leaves my skin tight and drier than before. I have heard so many people loving it, I am however not one of them.

1.8/5

July 27, 2018

Didn’t blow me away

I sadly didn’t love the soap-free body cleanser. I found it didn’t lather nicely (even with my loufa). It was scent free which is great for sensitive skin but I don’t think I would purchase again.

1.2/5

February 12, 2018

Doesn't remove makeup at all

This cleanser is definitely gentle, but it doesn't remove any makeup and my skin feels super oily still after cleansing. Maybe if I didn't wear makeup I'd like it, but most days I do so it doesn't fit my lifestyle or skin care needs whatsoever.

1.8/5

October 06, 2017

Not for me

After hearing some good reviews, I decided to give this a try. It isn't for me. The formula is definitely gentle, but it didn't feel like it was doing anything for my skin. My skin didn't feel like it was getting cleaned. It felt like I was just using a bar of soap that didn't suds up. I even tried it with a facial cleansing brush. I went back to using Noxzema - I love the cooling effect it give my skin, and I always feel so clean after using it.

July 17, 2017

Not as good as it once was

Maybe my skin has changed or maybe the formula has but this does not work for me anymore. I used to use this religiously both every day and during drug studies but not anymore. My dermatologist recommended this due to my eczema and sensitive skin and I have been using it for over a decade but during my last flare up I found it dried my skin even more and irritated my eczema. It is definitely over priced but used to be worth it but no more.

1.3/5

June 28, 2017

The greasiest skin cleanser ever!

I've bought this product in travel size and I simply don't understand it. I have a very dry and sensitive skin, so I heard this product would be recommended. It's supposed to be a skin cleanser, but it is so greasy and gross, it doesn't turn into a kind of a foam while you're applying it on to your face. It's just oily and greasy, it doesn't give you the feeling that your skin is being cleaned at all. I remember using this product in the past and it was fine. I don't know if it's a problem with the travel size version, but I do not intend to buy it again.

2.0/5

September 22, 2016

I just started using this about three weeks ago thought I would give it some time. I don't like it my face feels oily within a few hours. I wash my face more with this product than with any other product I have tried. Usually three times a day and my face still doesn't feel clean. Wouldn't get this again

September 02, 2016

I heard good things about this product. While I'm sure it worked for some, it didn't do a thing for me. I have it a go, used it till the bottle was nearly empty. But it did absolutely nothing for me. Not worth it.

2.0/5

July 01, 2016

This cleanser made me break out so bad, it irritated my skin, and it felt like nothing was getting cleaned and my face felt grimy afterwards. I don't see what everyone thinks is so special about it, it's in my top 5 WORST cleansers of all time. There are so many better cleansers out there for acne prone/sensitive skin that are at cheaper than this and can actually do the job.

1.5/5

April 07, 2016

my doctor had recommended this for me when i used to have really bad acne and it had only left my skin more dry and even more irritated, no amount of moisturizer could help me, my skin is just sensitive to cleanser i use i guess