Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser Reviews

The Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser is removes surface oils, dirt and makeup without leaving skin feeling tight or overly dry. For normal to oily skin, this daily facial cleanser rinses clean without leaving any residue that is irritating!

The Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser is non-comedogenic and lets your pores breathe.

See their main website for more info at: www.cetaphil.com

December 17, 2010

I'm an avid fan of this product, and I recommend it to all my friends, especially when they talk to me about how much their current face wash breaks them out.

My brother was the one who introduced me to this product originally, and I haven't turned back since! It's gentle, and for some it may be too gentle, but for me it's perfect. It doesn't dry me out like most facial cleansers, and it leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean. Those that wear a bit more make-up than average might want to add make-up remover to their routine though.

September 18, 2010

Let me start off with the fact how great the actual Cetaphil company is. They have sent me free products twice, once containing a variety of samples and the second time, once again including a variety of samples and a full size gentle skin cleanser. As a company, they are the best. Polite, giving, etc. I would give them a round of applause, really.

As for the product- I think its really good and would probably work on a bunch of sensitive people's skin. Now, it didn't work for me but that is definitely NOT a fault of the products. You have to find a product that works on your unique skin and just because a product doesn't work for you, doesn't mean its bad. So yes, I would consider this a really good product. I would say the gentle skin cleanser, moisturizer, etc would probably be for people with normal/sensitive skin.

The price is good, and it also lasts a long time. You're getting good bang for your buck. The design is stylish and once again, the company itself is top notch so you know you're spending your money in a wise place that actually cares about its customers. The smell is basically non-existent, and the actual product feels very light and smooth.

Bottom line- With facial skin care products, things are a little more tricky. It's not like its just a hair elastic where it doesn't require that much to be good and it would probably work on anybody. Everybody's face is different and finding the right products and right combo is a hard thing to do. While Cetaphil didn't work for me, I think it would work very well for a lot of others. Try it out, keeping your individual skin type in mind and with a price like that and a really good, solid company behind it, I'm sure you'll be satisfied.

July 17, 2010

This is great product! My used to have occassional breakouts until I decided to try Proactiv. I guess it messed up my PH balance and my breakouts increased. So I went from every once in awhile to every week I had a new one (or two). I discontinued using it and tried many products on the market.

I finally went to go see a dermatologist and he recommend Cetaphil along with some other topical creams. Within a couple of weeks my face started to clear. After two months my face is completely back to normal, if not better.

I have recommended this cleanser to all of my friends. Everyone can tell the difference!

June 16, 2010

This cleanser is wonderful -- leaves my skin feeling smooth. I was always a department store junkie until I tried this.

June 14, 2010

I really don't think that anyone can lose with Cetaphil. It's my daily cleanser for both morning and night, and also serves as a makeup remover in a pinch. I may stray from time to time while testing out other products, but whenever my face reacts badly or is in need of calming, I end up coming back to Cetaphil. I always make sure to have one handy in the house. It's just as good as a more expensive brand such as Philosophy's Purity Made Simple - I honestly don't see the difference between them. They're both great, but if you're looking for something more cost-effective, there's nothing to lose by trying Cetaphil. It's super gentle but still leaves your skin feeling clean. I have oily skin and use it once in the morning and once in the evening (in the evening used in conjunction with a light scrub to get all the makeup off). It's great stuff.

June 14, 2010

I've been using this steadily for a few years now. I have oily/combination skin and use this as my morning face wash - I find it's too gentle and doesn't have enough oompf in it to take off my makeup and clean my skin before bed.

With circular motions, I am usually able to get underneath the first layer of skin and rid my face of the little bumps I sometimes get caused by product/dirt.

Thumbs up! I also recommend their Daily Mosturizing Lotion SPF 15/50

June 14, 2010

I work as a Massage Therapist - and we wash our hands A LOT! We use Cetaphil to wash because it doesn't dry out our skin like hand soap does with repeated washing (8-10 times a work day). I also use this on my sensetive, oily face at home and love it. It makes my skin soft, clean, and fresh.

May 18, 2010

I switched to Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser last week because my skin was becoming sensitive to the products that I was using before (and getting red and itchy). My skin is oily and I am always trying to find that magic product to eliminate the oil from my skin. From the first few times I used this cleanser I noticed a huge difference in my skin. The redness and itchiness are gone and my complexion looks more even toned. This cleanser also helps to eliminate the oiliness of my skin without over-drying it, in fact my skin doesn't feel tight or dry after I wash with this. It's incredible. I wish I had switched to this sooner!

The bottle says it has a foaming action (which I really like), but it doesn't really foam up that much. I have to rub it between my hands with a bit of water to get it even a little bubbly, but it still works really well to clean my skin. Despite the lack of frothy foaminess my makeup is removed and my skin feels fresh and squeaky clean.

April 30, 2010

This is a lovely product. I had used the same cleanser for years with no problems, and suddenly my skin started breaking out and becoming very sensitive. I then tried numerous complicated skin regimes to try to get my clear skin back. Finally I decided to try the less-is-more strategy. I bought Cetaphil and used only this morning and night, followed by the Cetaphil moisturizer. In a couple weeks my skin was better than ever. Lately I haven't even felt the need to wear foundation on a daily basis because my skin is so radiant and clear.
    The only con I should add is- If you wear a lot of makeup, I'd use a makeup cleansing cloth to remove the majority of your makeup first and then wash your face with Cetaphil. It is a very gentle product and probably wouldn't remove your makeup fully if you have a lot on.

April 29, 2010

I have sensitive skin, which makes its easy to dry out... which makes it oily if it dries out, then I break out! Very complicated.

This stuff made things neutral I suppose. I wasnt really breaking out but I had bought the bar soap for this and used it on my whole body. My skin felt smooth and cleared up a lot of small bumps on my arms.

My little brother uses this because he has sensitive skin and it works great for him too!