Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Reviews
Ranked #70 in Books

July 31, 2017

27 years old and this is still a favourite!!

Such a classic! Never really understood it as a kid, but since I'm older, it's really surprising what kind of themes the author slipped into the book (kind of dark!). Despite this, my imagination still goes wild reading this book! I would recommend this to young and old!

July 31, 2017

Classic Tale of Charlie Bucket

I remembering reading almost all of Roald Dahl's books as a pre-teen. This was one of my favorites, along with The Twits.

This is the story of a young boy named Charlie Bucket whose family is extremely poor. He finds a golden ticket in his candy bar, which allows him and a guest (he chooses his Grandpa Joe) to enter Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory. The book explores what happens in the chocolate factory, using a lot of humor. This is a book I will read to my children. It is a classic.

March 11, 2017

An imaginative story of a poor young boy named Charlie Bucket who is lucky enough to find a winning golden ticket in his chocolate bar that allows him and a guest to enter Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory with a chance of winning a lifetime supply of chocolate. Along the way Charlie learns life lessons and you see just how selfless a young boy can be. This is definitely a timeless story that teaches morals and one I will most definitely read to my daughter's when they are older? It's hard to believe this book has been around since the sixties and still going strong.

February 26, 2017

this has been one of my favorite authors in the whole world .
    when i was younger i read all of his books and this one was one of my favortes, as an adult i still have it

November 30, 2016

This book was huge when it first came out. I used to check it out of the library all of the time. Then the movie came out. I used to dream about the chocolate factory and flying in the elevator. I still look at the movie whenever I catch it on television.

February 23, 2016

As a candy lover, this book helped me discover my love for Roald Dahl. His imaginative ways envelop readers young and old alike in a real life candy land.

February 03, 2016

Such a classic my favorite as a little girl cant wait to read this to my son once hes old enough.

February 03, 2016

January 26, 2016

This one also is my favorite ! As you might see I luv to read . I read as a kid and saw the two movie versions , Gene Wilder and Johnny Depp loved the 2 versions

November 07, 2015

One of my favorites as a kid. Still love it. Was fun reading it to my kid. A funny and happy story, with a good message.