4.1/5
Colgate Total Whitening Gel Reviews

Colgate Total* Whitening Gel refreshes and whitens teeth by gently removing surface stains.

March 27, 2014

This is my default toothpaste. I've been using it since... well, I can't exactly remember, but after using samples of various other toothpastes over the past year, I can definitively say that I'd choose this product over them. Whereas other toothpastes have weird texture or flavors, e.g. some were VERY salty, while some where too gritty or left a disgusting film-like aftertaste, I find this toothpaste to have the most agreeable taste. Plus, it boasts whitening and 12hr protection against germs.

Now, I know that it's possible that the reason I like it is because I've been using it so often, so I'm used to it, and that the whitening used here is most likely physical whitening (which is physically scratching at your enamel to make it seem whiter). Oh, and let's not forget that it's not proven that it really whitens and it really protects for 12hr. Well, I've considered all that (and more), but why fix something that isn't broken? Other toothpastes may not be any better. This one tastes good and seems to do its job, so I'll stick with it.

October 12, 2013

I like the smell, taste and color. It's gentle on my gums and there's a clean feeling.

March 27, 2013

I love this product and it is the only one I use. Cleans and makes my teeth feel fresh.

March 06, 2013

This is a great toothpaste - it foams, and cleans teeth well. It also leaves your breath, and mouth feeling fresh for quite awhile. But, I didn't notice any whitening effect at all. I would recommend it, but not for whitening.

March 06, 2013

This product is really good. It cleans my teeth really well, however i did not notice that it whitened my teeth.

June 13, 2012

This is the tooth past that I most often buy for myself and my husband. I like that it is whitening my teeth while I brush. I also like the taste.

June 16, 2011

This toothpaste works pretty well. The taste isn't bad and it makes my breath feels fresh after. I don't notice any difference in the whitening of my teeth though. Overall, this product is above average but it doesn't really stand out in my mind.

February 27, 2011

Colgate Total Whitening Gel leaves a great minty clean feel after brushing. I like the way it really freshens the breath. It's quite effective at removing plaque and surface stains that are a result of coffee and/or tea.

I prefer the gel over the paste because it's smooth and non-chalky.

The price is good -- I can usually find it on sale and use a manufacturer's coupon, so I get a really good deal.