Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant Reviews

This unique Rice-based powder formula activates upon contact with water, releasing Papain, Salicylic Acid and Rice Enzymes that micro-exfoliate dead cells, instantly leaving skin smoother and brighter. The unique Skin Brightening Complex of Aspergillus, Grapefruit and Licorice helps to balance uneven skin pigmentation while a super-smoothing blend of Green Tea, Ginkgo and Colloidal Oatmeal helps to calm the skin, leaving it extraordinarily clear and refreshed. Gentle enough to use on a daily basis.

October 21, 2017

Used this to my facial clients

Really effective and gentle exfoliator. Great for the skin all my clients love this. Helps to keep skin smooth. Can be combined with your cleanser to make it 2 in 1 step.

September 01, 2017

A little goes a long way...

I recently tried this product when i received a free trial size with purchase at my local Chatters store. While this line is more on the expensive side I found it to be highly effective.

You only need to use very little of this product and it goes a long way. I found my skin to be very soft after only one use!

I mixed it with my cleanser to make it a bit more foamy and have used it almost every night since i got it. After 1-2 weeks i will use it only a few times a week to make it last longer.

So far it helped fend off hormonal acne. I could feel the acne coming on and after using this the next day its gone.

The full size product should last a long time if used sparingly. But again a little goes a long way!

I would definitely repurchase and highly recommend!

2.0/5

July 24, 2017

Not great

I didn't find this to be a great product, it didn't wow me or my skin to be honest. Maybe I was expecting more our of this product but I didn't really see a difference in my skin at all. It also smells kind of weird. It's supposed to be a type of exfoliant but "mirco" - hence the name of the product but it did nothing for my skin!

June 30, 2017

Luxury Product

I loved receiving a trial size of this product in my UK Glossybox recently. While it says it is gentle enough for everyday use, I used it a few times a week and got a little addicted to how soft it made my skin! It activates instantly when adding water and provides instant results. As others have noted, this brand is very expensive and generally used at spas. While it wouldn't be my first choice normally, if money were no option it would definitely be something I repurchased.

2.3/5

June 27, 2017

It's meh...

I didn't find this a great product. I was hoping for wow, but didn't see much improvement after using. I also find it messy to use. I found the little grains got onto my eyes while rinsing. I guess this one just isn't for me. I do love dermalogica though!!

May 24, 2017

This is a personal favourite of mine!

I try to go for a facial every 1-2 months just to really take care of things. My aesthetician uses the Dermalogica line of products and used this as part of my facial and recommended it to me.

It's a fabulously gentle but effective product that can be used every day. It's rice based, so quite natural (lots of exfoliants use things like tiny plastic beads that are horrible for the environment!) It also contains oatmeal which keeps it very soothing to your skin. It also has no added fragrance but does have a really light, distinctive, natural scent. You simply lather it up in your hands and gently massage it over your face.

You do want to make sure you rinse well. It leaves your skin feeling SO smooth and fresh. This product has never irritated my skin or caused me to break out. It also doesn't leave my skin feeling tight or dry which I've noticed with some exfoliating products.

It is definitely high end and the price reflects this but you don't need to use much each time and it lasts quite a while. I paid $75 from the salon.

May 03, 2017

This is very expensive, but worth every.single.penny. It makes my face feel so nice, and you only need a little bit. I apply some to my shoulder and chest area because sometimes I break out there too, AMAZING.

May 03, 2017

Love love love this exfoliant.
    I love that you can use it daily and love that it has lactic acid in it.
    I would highly recommend this exfoliant to someone who's looking for something daily.

3.2/5

April 25, 2017

J'ai eu un amour haine avec ce produit. je l'aime et je ne l'aime pas. Je l'aime, car c'est un exfoliant très doux. Il est très pratique puisque c'est de la poudre et c'est nous qui ajoutons l'eau pour former l'exfoliant. Il est sent odeur particulière. Je les un peu moins aimé pour sont côté que nous pouvons utilisé a tout les jours. Pour ma part, c'est beaucoup trop abrasif. Je ne peux me permettre l'exfoliation quotidienne. Cela m'a causé une grande sècheresse.

March 09, 2017

This is a great gentle version of an exfoliant to use on even sensitive skin. It is unique in the fact that it is a powder product that activates with water. If you mix the right amount together (a little goes a long way) it does not become goopy or excessively paste like – it makes a consistency that is manageable without creating a mess. If used properly this lightly suds up to easily apply.

You need to be careful so that you do not waste product, however. The top contains holes that let the powder through and if your container falls or gets knocked around and you open it, you will get powder everywhere if you are not paying attention.

As I mentioned before, this is a gentle product, so if you have a lot of texture on your skin or you happen to need a deeper exfoliation, this may not be the right product for you. However, because it is so gentle, you could combine using this and another exfoliating product if you wanted.

One other thing to note is that there are no dyes or fragrance in this product, which already makes it a good choice for use!