4.1/5
Dove® Clinical Protection Cool Essentials Antiperspirant Reviews
Ranked #26 in Deodorant/Anti-perspirant

August 07, 2017

Smell is too sweet but works well

The first few days using it I didn't find it as effective as others I had used, but I think that was due to the product not being pushed up enough to come out so I was applying too lightly. In the packaging it says to turn it two clicks, but often that is not enough, especially when the cream has not begun to 'push through' properly for the first quarter of the stick.

After it started to push through more I was pretty happy. When I'd forget to apply deodorant (I had a stressful few days) and smell myself at night I couldn't detect any odours. I don't really love the smell of this. Rather than a fresh, watery, slightly zesty cucumber smell, this has a really perfumed scent. If you're not a fan of perfumey sweet smells I would avoid this one.

I really like the cream texture and how it applies, but my one big negative would be that I did notice it's quite 'sticky' under the arms after a day or two and I prefer something that keeps you really dry. It didn't cause any irritations though, just as expected from Dove!

July 14, 2017

Might be better for people who don't sweat a lot?

I gave this a try a few years back, figuring that that the 'clinical protection' was just what someone like me--I'm easily overheated and sweat a lot in the summer--needs. I had high expectations, perhaps too high, so I thought it would for sure live up to going for a run in the summer heat... Not so much. Even when I applied it at night, it couldn't withstand the times when I endured a lot of exercise. Dove is known for being very gentle, so I can only guess that this is better suited for people who don't sweat as much.

April 03, 2017

Je suis une fille frileuse, donc l'hiver je porte souvent de gros chandails chauds mais mes aisselles ne respirent pas bien dans ces chandails alors un antisudorifique normal ne me convient pas alors j'utilise ce produit qui m'aide beaucoup. J'ai mis 3.5 étoiles pour le prix parce que je trouve ça cher. Mais j'essaie de l'acheter en spécial et le combiner avec un coupon quand c'est possible. Mais ça vaut quand la peine de payer le prix pour quelques mois dans l'année pour me sentir à l'aise.

March 09, 2017

I am not going to lie, I sweat like a lot, so I need a deodorant that will stay with me throughout the day. Whether I am sitting at home or out with the kids at Six Flags during the summer (which I might add means a lot of sweating when it's over 100 degrees). I have used just about every regular deodorant that is on the shelf, and none of it stayed on very long, which was frustrating that it was a lot of empty promises. Well I actually got a sample of Dove Clinical strength a couple of years ago, and I haven't stopped using it since.
    To me it kind of smells like cucumber melon, which I absolutely love. And they delivered on the promise that it stays with you no matter what. I have yet had to worry about me sweating since I started using this. No matter how much I sweat all I smell is my deodorant. It is a little pricey, but sometimes it's worth paying the extra money, because it is a quality product. It exceeded my expectations. I have yet to find another deodorant that works as well as this one, and I still try other deodorants.

January 09, 2017

I switched over from deodorant to antiperspirant years ago, as with working out or just general life, avoiding sweat marks or dripping (so gross) just was not making me happy.

I rarely have issues with antiperspirant transferring onto my clothing, and Dove's Fresh does not disappoint.

It rolls on smoothly with only a few strokes, leaving me confidant when I leave the house that I will neither smell like body odour, nor will I sweat profusely (even while walking up 4 flights of stairs at the office).

The clinical is what I use on heavy duty days where I work out, bus to and from work, come home and practice Yoga after a long day - with just one application! I even smell good in the morning without showering!

This scent is my absolute favourite - lightly sweet and it is not overpowering to me, and make me feel confidant that I do not smell bad to others (or myself).

I never get white stains on my clothes either - it dries that quickly after application.

I would definitely recommend this antiperspirant to anyone!

January 08, 2017

This antiperspirant is the best I've ever tried! No wet marks on the underarms of my shirts all day and it has a pleasant, non invasive scent. It is now the only antiperspirant I use.

3.2/5

September 21, 2016

Works well and is a decent quality, but its pricing needs to be adjusted - too expensive for what the product is and contains! If you're looking for a great summer antiperspirant, this is a great go-to! That said, it's not necessary as other Dove antiperspirants are just as good, and less expensive! Probably also better for your health.

September 07, 2016

I wouldn't buy again only because I only purchase products that are not tested on animals.. if that didon't matter to me I'd use this again! I'm a pretty sweaty chick and this kept me fresh all day

September 03, 2016

i don't necessarily care for how strong the scent is, but other then the scent it get's the job done, feels nice on and works extremely well, probably wouldn't purchase again due to the strength of the smell

September 03, 2016

I always go for the clinical protection antiperspirants, I really liked this one, especially the smell!! Lasted all day! I would use this again for sure!