3.9/5
Garnier Belle Color Reviews
#10 in Hair Colour

July 04, 2019

Hair dye

I’ve use this brand of hair dye for a long time I find that it covers great, and as i get older it works great on covering the grey hairs as well. I have tried many shades and colours and have always like the turnout.

June 25, 2019

Pretty great!

I bought this at my local drugstore for around 7$ CAD. Over the past 4 months, I've had my hair bleached once, dyed three times, and the purple and green streaks have been lingering. I bought the black dye to cover it up.

The smell was pretty bad, it did make me feel sort of nauseous for a while, but that's possibly the only negative thing I can say about it. I have fairly thick hair just past my collar bone, and it perfectly covered all of it. (I had light brown hair before) but only left the dye in for around 15 minutes as I was in the shower, and it managed to cover perfectly and stay in, plus come off of the bathroom wall and floor.

The conditioner worked fine as long as you actually know how to apply it, and my hair is really soft and looks clean and shiny now, the only way I could see it leaving your hair dry is if you dye or bleach your hair frequently, and haven't gotten a deep condition done in a while.

It's definitely worth the price, and it's good color for what you get! Honestly, if you're getting a darker color especially for light hair, this will work out just fine

0.8/5

March 05, 2019

FYI I'm Blond Now-Not Black Blue Like the Box Promised

I've used Belle Color before & had no problems until now. The last 2 boxes turned my hair a light brown to well .. I'm now blond! Definitely not Black Blue as per the box or the color of the dye that came out of the bottle! Thinking of a possible lawsuit if I can't get a refund or my hairdresser can't fix it.

0.5/5

December 16, 2018

Waste of time and money

I have medium to dark brown hair and bought this (2 boxes to cover it all) to add some warmth to my hair colour and cover whites/grays. I followed all instructions, left it on for the recommended 30 mins to cover gray and still managed to keep ALL the white I had before! On top of that, I’ve now ended up with copper roots?!?! I have never had an issue with my hair going copper or red or anything else when dyed, and i haven’t dyed my hair in almost a year. I am so thoroughly disappointed by this. Garnier used to be a go to for me but never again. It may be cheap to buy ladies but that’s because it’s a cheap product!!

Now to go to work looking like an idiot and to spend more money on more dye.

June 10, 2018

Cheap price cheap results

I seen that this hair-dye was on sale, and I thought to try it. I box dye my hair black once a month, so I figured what’s the difference.

I usually buy “Nice & Easy” and after this will continue to do so.

The colouring itself is effective. But what really made this a disappointing buy for me is the quality of the accessories.

The gloves were super small and barely fit my hands, the conditioner supplied wasn’t even enough for one treatment after dying.

The chemicals themselves are super harsh and after putting into basically a whole bottle of conditioner on top of the small amount of deep conditioner they provide in the box, my hair still feels like straw !

It was also ridiculously messy, I am a pro at dying my hair, and because the mixture is sudsy like a soap rather than a cream like most, it kept flinging black hair dye all over my bathroom.

My advice, if you can afford it pay the extra $4-6 dollars and get the better stuff.

If you can’t, then the dye itself is effective, but the inconvenience for me far outweighs the perks.

April 23, 2018

Have bought many times

Garnier Bell Colour is the only hair dye I'll buy, it doesn't leave my hard brittle and dried out. The conditioner always makes my hair silky and smooth!

December 06, 2017

Merveilleux

J ai les cheveux bruns foncés avec 30

1.3/5

September 25, 2017

it was a horri- Belle experience

First time I have ever used Garnier 65 Chestnut Brown. I followed the box but once applied the smell was so far. Even after rinsing it's all I can smell and it made me so nauseous. My whole apartment lingered with the smell causing my roommate to even leave.

August 28, 2017

Maybe not the best hair dye.

Something about my hair is that it always has a copperish undertone once I box dye it. This time was no different. I picked 59 medium brown and my sister earned me that it may be too dark, but that was my aim, have dark brown hair. My hair instead has a reddish tint too it. I do have color treated hair, but it's been over 4 months since the last time i dyed it. I also am one of those people who follow instructions to a T, yet no luck. I don't think this was for me.

August 26, 2017

Covers grey great.

I don't colour my hair often because I hate fussing with mixing and smell of most products but I found product very easy to use. It covers grey and the colour comes out as you expect it to. . Would definitely buy again and recommend to anyone.